Tearolator with 2012 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
Does WIX claim their XP meets OEM spec?

I'm curious if the automotive industry really has a defined OEM spec for oil filter efficiency? I would assume so, and apparently it's probably pretty low from some of the auto makers like Honda, Toyota, etc - like 50% @ 20 microns - since most Asian OEM oil filters seem to be that efficiency.

Where are you both getting efficiency ratings for OEM filters? From the little bar chart in that 5 year-old Amsoil marketing guide (which may or may not reflect current OEM filter offerings)?

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
The communists are coming, the communist are coming. That's all I heard from the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati for eight or nine years. Never happened. In my opinion, young children should not have to be subjected to something like that.
Communists fine people who don't buy what products they're told to.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
Does WIX claim their XP meets OEM spec?

I'm sure it's fine, but we tend to give them a bit of a tough time on the XP for efficiency. I'd have no problem using them, per se, but I'm not spending the insane amount of money they want for them up here. The closest competition on special (i.e. Fram Ultra and M1) are significantly cheaper. Heck, they're cheaper at regular price, even. A Wix XP does absolutely nothing for me that a regular Wix cannot accomplish.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
yup engine builders lean towards flow over filtration.. I was that way also until i ran into you ze0six now in sort of in the middle

Engine designers like flow ... that's why they invented the positive displacement oil pump, which will make the same volume of oil get to the engine even if a filter is a bit "restrictive" to flow.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
The communists are coming, the communist are coming. That's all I heard from the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati for eight or nine years. Never happened. In my opinion, young children should not have to be subjected to something like that.

Are you sure it "never happened"?
America has 'changed' a lot since Joe McCarthy was in Congress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back