Looking for new mechanical pencil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestions ? They don't make my favorite Sanford Protouch II anymore.

I use them for entering drafting style print into pocket/purse calendars.

Gotta be 0.9mm

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
Make sure you change the lead and eraser every 3,000 miles! Unless your running synthetic lead and eraser.

Even then, Merk would change them out. As soon as the eraser gets even a little dark, he'll change it.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/893385/Pentel-Sharp-Automatic-Drafting-Pencils-09/

Available in mustard yellow or light blue.
37.gif

I have been using a Zebra M-402 0.5mm since 1997. I bought two of them my freshman year in college and still have one of them. LOVE IT! Favorite mechanical pencil of all time.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

Gotta be 0.9mm

0.9mm is like using a crayon. Isn't the whole idea behind a mechanical pencil to have a constantly and consistently sharp point? Why would you want a lead diameter that equates to a dull pencil to start with?

Originally Posted By: kschachn

Gotta be 0.9mm

0.9mm is like using a crayon. Isn't the whole idea behind a mechanical pencil to have a constantly and consistently sharp point? Why would you want a lead diameter that equates to a dull pencil to start with?

lol

I got my first one of these around 1978 and used the same thing all the way through college graduation in 1988. I don't use a pencil much anymore. I took a lot of drafting classes so I had the full spectrum of Pentel mechanical pencil sizes (0.3mm, 0.5mm, 0.7mm, and 0.9mm) but my favorite for writing was the 0.7mm.

Nowadays I have returned to the traditional wooden pencil. It's the best thing for me to keep in the toolbox, which is where I see the majority of my pencil use.

Pentel 0.7

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
I got my first one of these around 1978 and used the same thing all the way through college graduation in 1988. I don't use a pencil much anymore. I took a lot of drafting classes so I had the full spectrum of Pentel mechanical pencil sizes (0.3mm, 0.5mm, 0.7mm, and 0.9mm) but my favorite for writing was the 0.7mm.

Nowadays I have returned to the traditional wooden pencil. It's the best thing for me to keep in the toolbox, which is where I see the majority of my pencil use.

Pentel 0.7

that .7 you posted is exactly my favorite.

but i also keep a pencil sharpener handy for no. 2 pencils...

have tried the .3 and .5 but not the .9 so i can't help with that one merk...

Originally Posted By: KingCake
Originally Posted By: kschachn

Gotta be 0.9mm

lol

.9/25.4=.035"

Guys 0.9 is standard for engineering and drafting. Quit showing your ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back