I am a idiot, a fool or what? UOA coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did a 10k oil change on a 2014 Nissan Versa Note 1.6L 4 cylinder engine. Using Kendall GT-1 Blend with Titanium. No UOA's to date.

I put all my trust in Kendall and a NAPA Gold air and oil filter! Will post UOA when received!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
If more than 70-80% of all trips were less than 4-5 miles then 10k OCI is not very prudent.

Do you mean trips or total mileage?

If I do 10 trips of 900 miles each and 200 trips of 5 miles each, it means 95% of my trips are low mileage trips but only 10% of my total mileage is low mileage.

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
If more than 70-80% of all trips were less than 4-5 miles then 10k OCI is not very prudent.

Do you mean trips or total mileage?

If I do 10 trips of 900 miles each and 200 trips of 5 miles each, it means 95% of my trips are low mileage trips but only 10% of my total mileage is low mileage.

Trip count is more relevant than total mileage, but it'll depend on how they are distributed in time. Worst case would probably be daily short trips in the winter, then all your long trips in the autumn.

How big is the sump in the engine? IMHO you are pushing your luck. My Daughter owned a Versa and it was pretty hard on oil. Looking forward to your UOA.

Did he edit out the length of his trips? Or are you just throwing out some arbitrary statistics?

You could be a fool
smile.gif

The fs version was only a few $$$ more for a 6 pack.

Are you saying you already ran the Kendall Syn BLEND 10K or that you plan to?
I wouldn't go 10K on a 'Blend' unless it was virtually all highway driving.

I bought a Renault Twingo 1.2 (16v) last year and the oil was so black it looked like it was from some old diesel truck. I checked the receipts and it had done 50K km! The recommended max service interval is 30K km. No harm done, although I did do a few short OCI's to make sure the block was clean but did not get a UOA done as I figured I might frighten the folks at Blackstone Lab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back