New pcv valve ringing noise when revving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I bought a pcv valve from the dealer and just installed it. 2004 Toyota solara 2.4l 2AZFE with 156k. When I rev the engine it makes a ringing noise that goes away when the engine gets back to idle. I checked the hoses and everything looks tight with no leaks. Rubber hoses aren't cracked. I put some antiseize on the valve as well and tightened it down.

Is it just that the new part is breaking in or could it be defective?

Old pcv valve still rattled when I took it off but it was nothing when compared to the new one. Plus it had 156k on it.

Please let me know what you think.
Thanks

Try buying a length of fuel line hose at least one foot and fit it on pcv and opposite side without bending the hose. It should stop the noise, happened to daughters focus and it solved the problem.

Last edited:
Make sure opposite side of pcv mount line is clear of all old material

2013 RAV4
2009 Camry
Mobil 1 0W-20

Last edited:
Was the valve cover grommet in good shape when you replaced the PCV valve? Sometimes they break when removing an old PCV valve. It doesn't even have to be a large break, there could be a tiny crack that is hard to see.

In my experience all aftermarket pcv valves are garbage. It could also be from excessive blowby on one piston. But that's usually more of a rapid whacking noise from the valve jack hammering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back