How to clean the crud in the combustion chamber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not impressed, no seafoam near my vehicles,
31.gif

Originally Posted By: DrRoughneck
Originally Posted By: Cujet
Often carbon deposits are self limiting and not detrimental to performance or longevity. It's rare that an engine will build up carbon to thicker and thicker levels until mechanical interference results.

In addition, carbon has a small insulation effect. This tends to slow heat transfer, a good thing indeed.

Carbon depostis can "glow" causing pre-ignition, leading to pinging.

They can, especially in highly loaded engines. The reality though, is that "glowing carbon" is not a common problem. As the stuff that is thick enough to glow tends to burn off rather rapidly.

Originally Posted By: Kawiguy454
A bad O2 sensor can drive your mix rich. If the mix is right your plugs should be light brown otherwise something else is going on.

How familiar are you with Outdoor Power Equipment?
laugh.gif

I do water decarbs on saturn s-series; they love it. I take a 1 liter soda bottle, drill a small hole in the cap, fill it, up-end it, and squeeze. I haven't had to on a briggs but can imagine them being filthy inside.

Originally Posted By: Malo83
31.gif

I tend to agree...I'd never run it in my car, but I'd give this a shot on my lawn-mower if I was desperate (I have a Honda with the same GCV-160). Chrisfix also ran Seafoam through a car in another video, but the results were not the same (and I didn't see enough of a change to risk hydrolocking an engine lol).

The video was merely a consideration and a neat informational piece.

Regards,
Jordan

Originally Posted By: John_Bravo
Originally Posted By: Malo83
31.gif

I tend to agree...I'd never run it in my car, but I'd give this a shot on my lawn-mower if I was desperate (I have a Honda with the same GCV-160). Chrisfix also ran Seafoam through a car in another video, but the results were not the same (and I didn't see enough of a change to risk hydrolocking an engine lol).

The video was merely a consideration and a neat informational piece.

Regards,
Jordan

Agree in vehicles, not fan. Don't like fogging the catalyst with pale oil. But I think its great in small engines that spend half the year in a damp shed. The 20% IPA helps stabilize the fuel, the Naphtha helps keep it clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back