Need a Good Lithium Grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading about Mystik,Lucas,Cheveron lithium ujoint grease and wonder what do you prefer.

No not realy criss.Just some i have been researching lately and i may lean to Mystik though.I read the approval of this grease for Dana and Spicer

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I use what I have.never any trouble with my ujoints

I think the biggest thing is that they get some type of grease on a regular basis. Sure some greases are "better" than others, but even mediocre grease is better than none.
The "sealed for life" bearings scare me. Sure they are sealed for life, the life being when they grenade. I really need to upgrade the u-joints on my truck. Still have OEM with no zerks.

Im same as you that sealed ujoints may go but i do most of my repairs and maintanace my self and staying out of garages unless i realy need something done.I have only two mechanics i trust which is my brother and a good friend of mine i seen just yesterday to reset my transmission with a scanner after my trans. cooler burst inside my radiator a month ago on my truck.The two ujoints that are factory had no zerks and i installed them and now i can rest asure things are going to be greased when needed.Its way too expensive these days at some shops and rip offs etc.Its not how much you make for a living its how you can save down the road lol.So yes im some what fussy on my lubricants etc. etc. just like the next guy.So how many miles do you have on your ride? and is it starting to make noise

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Originally Posted By: Chris142
I use what I have.never any trouble with my ujoints

I think the biggest thing is that they get some type of grease on a regular basis. Sure some greases are "better" than others, but even mediocre grease is better than none.
The "sealed for life" bearings scare me. Sure they are sealed for life, the life being when they grenade. I really need to upgrade the u-joints on my truck. Still have OEM with no zerks.

The sealed U joints are stronger (they don't have an X drilled through them) and last longer. The seal is different than grease jointsand hold the grease for many years.
I do a lot of U joints, ball joints, tie rods, etc and haven't used greasable joints in years. I see cars 20 years old with the LFL joints still in good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back