Shell gasoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
I filled up at a Shell station and was a little confused about the v power gasoline. Is it in all octane levels-87,89,93- or just
93? I filled up with 89, so did I get vpower with nitro or not?
confused2.gif

The way I understand it... sort of!

Typically premium and regular are blended together to create midgrade. In Minnesota, we usually have 87-89-91, so 50 percent of each 87 and 91 make 89. Gas stations don't buy midgrade, they blend it. So your Shell 89 would be part V-power nitro and part standard top tier Shell gas. Of course, I could be wrong but as I understand it, that's what happens, but it could be different for Shell. They don't advertise V-power Nitro in the 87 or 89 because they want you to buy the premium, and the midgrade is (at least here) half premium and half regular.

Yeah, V-Power Nitro+ is the brand name for their premium fuel, which is 93-octane.

If it makes you feel better, Shell is a Top Tier brand, so all of their grades at least meet Top Tier specs.

Originally Posted By: TmanP
The way I understand it... sort of!

Typically premium and regular are blended together to create midgrade. In Minnesota, we usually have 87-89-91, so 50 percent of each 87 and 91 make 89. Gas stations don't buy midgrade, they blend it. So your Shell 89 would be part V-power nitro and part standard top tier Shell gas. Of course, I could be wrong but as I understand it, that's what happens, but it could be different for Shell. They don't advertise V-power Nitro in the 87 or 89 because they want you to buy the premium, and the midgrade is (at least here) half premium and half regular.

Exactly

Up near me there is ONE Sunoco leaving Hampstead heading to Salem on 111 that has the good stuff.

AnyWho,

You don't have a V engine so you shouldn't use V power.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chris142
Where are you guys seeing 93 octaine? My can am required 93 but I can only find 91

Different areas of the country have varying levels of Premium, from 91-93. Many times it had to do with altitude. Less octane needed at higher elevations. In midwest farm country where I live, we have 87, 89, 91, and 93. Depends on station.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Up near me there is ONE Sunoco leaving Hampstead heading to Salem on 111 that has the good stuff.

AnyWho,

You don't have a V engine so you shouldn't use V power.

Uh-oh. V-Power is my go-to fuel for my rotary.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back