Ordered my dream truck finally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since having my ranger I wanted a pick up again. With A little one now I need more room perfect excuse to buy a pick up ! 2016 f150 xlt sport package and fx4 package 5.0 engine. Should be here early September

Yeah although I liked The previous style model the newer model has been growing on me, I drove it and was amazed Now I don't have to rent a pick up every time I go ATVing

I would think that "dream" would imply a 3/4 ton truck.

I really feel my boat behind my 3/4 ton pickup. Would hate to tow it with a 1/2 ton even if it was rated to tow it.

Enjoy it when you get it. I'm sure you will. Then again, I may be biased as the owner of a 2016 F150 XLT Sport Package FX4 but with the 2.7...
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Donald
I would think that "dream" would imply a 3/4 ton truck.

I really feel my boat behind my 3/4 ton pickup. Would hate to tow it with a 1/2 ton even if it was rated to tow it.

Each mans dream is his own.

Many have a half ton toys and live a superbly happy half ton life, - and have more than enough truck underneath them.

Considering 1/2 tons are pulling what many 3/4 tons did in the 90's a guy can have all kinds of fun without breaking the 1/2 ton limit.

UD

Well I guess a true dream truck would be the raptor but definitely not in my price range.

Drove Ford trucks for the last 40 years. Enjoyed them all. Your new one sounds great.

Yeah I've had really good luck with fords. No pictures yet since it comes early September

I am in retro mode. I am looking at a few 1960-66 Chevy half tons that have been completely restored from the ground up, one with a 235 inline and another with a 250 high torque inline. Also a 1966 3/4 ton with a 283 in it. I have a 2015 Chevy 2500 now, but even it cannot beat the fondness for a 1966 Chevy pickup that I drove in high school. That was a half ton, but the 3/4 I am looking over, it has the same 283 and 4 speed and same color. Mirrors the dash and everything else. And...... NO SEAT BELTS! Gonna be fun driving that around on a nice Saturday and having some newbie cop pull me over for not wearing seat belts!

Why would you buy that? You can't even drop giant sharp blocks into it from 10' in the air. /sarcasm. Grats on a great truck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back