2008 F250 6.4L Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 4WD
Delo, Rotella, Delvac, the holy trinity of HDEO's ...

I'd say this is a correct statement.

Delo in my 05 PSD and it loves it. I have the troublesome 6.oh and never a single issue on this truck and we all know the bad rep the 6.0 got..

I got to this party a little late, but your 6.4 ltr will love the Delo 15W40 year round, great oil. I have a 2009 6.4 ltr and am running Rotella 15W40 all year round and have had great results on my oil analysis. I also run Delo Sae 40 in my Detroit and have had no issues. Have fun with your 6.4:) P.S. It often goes down to -30 below in the winter and my 6.4 starts no trouble with 15/40.

You could easily leave that synthetic oil in there a full year without any problems. I've ran T6 out to 10k miles/1 year on my 7.3 with good results and live in a much harsher state for weather.
Depending on what part of Cali you live in, I don't see anything wrong with a 15W-40. The 5W only really shines at temperatures below 20 degrees. That's the main reason I run T6 but I also like the higher temperature protection it offers as well.

Where you getting your T6? I get 4 gallons off Amazon for about $85 which is way cheaper than any of the local parts stores around here that would normally ring in $110 if I went through them.

I have just been grabbing it at wally world. Actually got Delo 5w40 on sale last weekend for $17.96/gallon. Picked up four gallons and will probably run that and leave it in for a 12 month interval after its time to change my current Delo 15w40.

Imagine that rebate along with the Love's truck stop pricing going on. Already with that it is about $13-$14 a gallon, take off $5 for the rebate and that is single digit pricing.

Originally Posted By: TiredTrucker
Imagine that rebate along with the Love's truck stop pricing going on. Already with that it is about $13-$14 a gallon, take off $5 for the rebate and that is single digit pricing.

Participating retailers only and Love's isn't coming up when I search for a participating retailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back