To Grampi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to message you but it would not go through as I think your IM is blocked or down so I had to post here:

Hi Grampi,
Hey I just wanted to bury the hatchet with the old NuFinish arguments. I'm sure if we met out on the street we would get along wonderfully and B S about cars and what not! We don't agree on NF and that is fine, we don't need to beat each other up over it. I'm sure we agree on tons of other stuff! I also come from a military family and have great respect for anyone who serves so thanks for your service! Anyway, we can be much more productive and civil rather then beating a dead horse LOL. As I get older I think these back and forth internet arguments are more and more silly. Life is to short. Talk soon and be well! Chris

I guess I won't start another NuFinish thread...ha. I do appreciate both your opinions and agree you both probably have a lot in common. You and Grampi both sound like stand up guys...look forward to learning more from you both. Wish you both the best.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Who doesn't like NuFinish

I'm not a big fan of it.
27.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
I tried to message you but it would not go through as I think your IM is blocked or down so I had to post here:

Hi Grampi,
Hey I just wanted to bury the hatchet with the old NuFinish arguments. I'm sure if we met out on the street we would get along wonderfully and B S about cars and what not! We don't agree on NF and that is fine, we don't need to beat each other up over it. I'm sure we agree on tons of other stuff! I also come from a military family and have great respect for anyone who serves so thanks for your service! Anyway, we can be much more productive and civil rather then beating a dead horse LOL. As I get older I think these back and forth internet arguments are more and more silly. Life is to short. Talk soon and be well! Chris

Hatchet buried!
smile.gif

Same here...not a fan. There are better products (especially in terms of ease of application) on the market at a similar price point.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein

Same here...not a fan. There are better products (especially in terms of ease of application) on the market at a similar price point.

Are you using the paste or liquid?

I have used both in the past. Nowadays I am a duragloss tpp man.

I have used both in the past. Nowadays I am a duragloss tpp man.

That's some good stuff. I just picked up some Collinite 845 to do my wife's new van with this weekend...

I have some 845 on my shelf. It too is very good stuff, just a bit more pricey. I think the last time I bought a bottle of Duragloss it was around 10 or 11 bucks.

I have some 845 on my shelf. It too is very good stuff, just a bit more pricey. I think the last time I bought a bottle of Duragloss it was around 10 or 11 bucks.

Considering that one bottle will do a vehicle several times, the price is really a non-factor...I have also had excellent results with Duragloss...

Last edited:
I used bottle NuFinish for decades, lasted quite awhile. But the white sled resembles a floor-freezer, which has near-zero depth. I did notice it didn't shine much. I also didn't like that it'll stain black trim.

A couple of years ago, I did a compound, then polish, then used DuraGloss. Very satisfied with it. Doesn't stain black trim, easy on/off, a little goes a LONG way and it's durable. Much better shine too than NF. I also discovered DG's AquaWax. Great stuff. I use it after every wash and it even makes the white sled shiny. Rain beads like crazy too.

So I'm now a DG user.

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
I used bottle NuFinish for decades, lasted quite awhile. But the white sled resembles a floor-freezer, which has near-zero depth. I did notice it didn't shine much. I also didn't like that it'll stain black trim.

A couple of years ago, I did a compound, then polish, then used DuraGloss. Very satisfied with it. Doesn't stain black trim, easy on/off, a little goes a LONG way and it's durable. Much better shine too than NF. I also discovered DG's AquaWax. Great stuff. I use it after every wash and it even makes the white sled shiny. Rain beads like crazy too.

So I'm now a DG user.

DG is good stuff...you might try Collinite too...it's every bit DG's equal in ever category...

Finish Kare Hi Temp Wax is also a good analog to Collinite and Duragloss. But Duragloss is certainly the best bang for the buck as its usually a bit cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back