Pentius Air Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever heard of these? Priced pretty cheap at the AAP website but have never heard of them

Do you mean this company?

I've never heard of them either. They seem to offer a fairly wide range of products. I wonder if they're farming out for some of thier stuff.

Last edited:
I JUST RECIEVED MY PENTIUS FILTERS FROM ADVANCE AUTO. THOUGHT FOR THE PRICE I WOULD SEE WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE. AND AAP HAS $50.00 PREPAID FREIGHT TOO. IF THEY LOOKED LIKE JUNK I COULD RETURN THEM TO LOCAL AAP. MUST SAY THEY LOOK LIKE A VERY HIGH QUALITY PRODUCT. PACKAGED VERY WELL TOO. BOUGHT THEM FOR ALL MY VEHICLES. I AM PLACING ORDER FOR MORE OF THEM NOW. I THINK ANYONE WOULD LIKE THEM.

I was considering this air filter. Anyone have any experience with them... good or bad?

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
I wonder if they are replacing Powerflo filters?

They are not replacing powerflos, at least not at Advance. Advance does not carry Pentius products, but Checkers/O'Reillys does. So if you order any of their products online they won't be coming from Advance.

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
I wonder if they are replacing Powerflo filters?

They are not replacing powerflos, at least not at Advance. Advance does not carry Pentius products, but Checkers/O'Reillys does. So if you order any of their products online they won't be coming from Advance.

I've noticed them at Murray's/O'reillys, but not at AAP.

Also noticed nobody carries powerflo anywhere....

Hey guys, I know it's an old thread but I was also looking for info about the Pentius air filters before I bought. I bought anyways and I'll have to say that I'm glad I did. I purchased enough for all 4 cars in the house.

The reason I'm glad is obviously they are packed well, but upon opening and comparing (part#4309 for 05' Nissan Atima 2.5) to Fram ($8-10) and Purolator ($10-12) I'm happy to say that it's somewhere in between the two brands and much less expensive than both. Got the whitish paper media of the fram with the metal screen reinforcement of the Purolator. Not bad for a filter costing less than $5.50 and no need for rebates!

As for the other cars... 92 Volvo 240, a 03 Mitsu Eclipse and a 92 Ford Aerostar. All the filters are built with the same amount of quality.

Dan

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: scrier
Anyone ever heard of these? Priced pretty cheap at the AAP website but have never heard of them

Don't quote me on this. I think I did a search on this company and found out the company is based in Los Angeles, CA area and are OEM filters for Hyundai or Kia. I am not sure if this is the same company but, sounds familar.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ludey
Originally Posted By: scrier

Don't quote me on this. I think I did a search on this company and found out the company is based in Los Angeles, CA area and are OEM filters for Hyundai or Kia. I am not sure if this is the same company but, sounds familar.

According to their website, Pentius got started primarily as the parts support operation for Daewoo's stranded customers when Daewoo left the USA in 2011. You might recall that Daweoo Motors was a Korean company GM acquired out of bankruptcy when Daewoo collapsed in 2001. By 2011 GM killed off the Daewoo brand name and what is left of that operation is now GM Korea.

I've had the pentius in my truck and for the price is a great filter and functions great no problem with these and I have several more on the shelf

Today I changed my Engine Air Filter.

I yanked on the old PENTIUS air filter and it was sturdy.

It was fairly dirty but could have gone 10,000km longer for sure.

I cut the old PENTIUS up, and it was Synthtic media, I thought it was paper.

Cut it with a knife, and didn't look close to being full of dirt.

Yanked at where it was bonded, strong stuff.

Order Ecogard or PENTIUS with 100% confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back