2013 Ford Edge Limited Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWD with V6. Was driving down the road today about 55-60 miles per hour and all of a sudden the vehicle went to idle and you could give it gas but no RMP's at all. In the dash where fuel gauge is the orange square lit up flashing with a wrench in it. I put it into N and coasted to nearest driveway. Then I put it in park. The car was still idling and the ac was on but I tried to give it gas again and it got real rough and almost died so I turned it off for about 10 seconds. I started it back up and has been fine since went about another 20 miles no problems or lights on. Any idea what could have called this? In the book it says the orange light with a wrench means: Illuminates when power train or an AWD fault has been detected. (The vehicle is not AWD by the way) Contact your authorized dealer as soon as possible it says.

My niece has the 2012 Ford Fusion car and she said hers done same thing not long after she got it. It was still under warranty so she took it in and it was the throttle body. Was a $400-$500 fix. Should I just drive it if no lights or warnings are on or call dealer Monday morning? The edge currently has 79,000 miles on it.

hopefully a code was generated that will help isolate the cause. i don't know if a cheap autozone code reader will retrieve, might need a laptop/ diagnostic software.

We've noticed for like the past 6 months also sometimes when you pull up somewhere to stop it idles up and down sometimes. Thats probably the cause of that to.

Its not under warranty as far as I know. It has 79,000 miles on it. I've seen on different forums that ford might pay for it and may not. Seems like a real problem with Ford after surfing the net.

I see forscan demo on my cell phone. Is that what your saying? It cost for full version it says. I guess it hooks up through blue tooth? Thanks for the info.

Sounds like the gas pedal or electronic throttle body.Remember,drive by wire....no cable involved.

Easy way to tell if it's the throttle body on a generic scanner is to look at the throttle position sensor readout, usually abbreviated as TPS. On an electronic throttle body it'll generally always be a little open. If it doesn't respond to accelerator input, it's likely that.

Originally Posted By: Honda2003
I see forscan demo on my cell phone. Is that what your saying? It cost for full version it says. I guess it hooks up through blue tooth? Thanks for the info.

I'd listen to bdcardinal, he works at a Ford dealer and knows his stuff. The throttle body may only need a simple cleaning.

Yup
frown.gif

I knew I was a GMC guy for no reason. Just now started having to do things to my GMC 216,000 miles. Service engine soon light has never come on once on my GMC pickup. Might be time to trade this Ford off.

You would think there would be a recall. Looks like a big problem with fords 09 and up. Be big problems if you was in city traffic when this car done this. Could cost someone their life.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Sounds like the gas pedal or electronic throttle body.Remember,drive by wire....no cable involved.

The pedals never go bad on the gas cars. Seems like we only sell pedals on the 7.3 and early 6.0 Powerstrokes.

Ford does not allow for cleaning the throttle body except for one recall from what I remember. It is super easy to get to on the OP's car so it would be worth trying. It seals with an o-ring. Usually you can re-use them, but my luck is terrible.

On some models there is extended warranty coverage, call a dealer and ask them to run an OASIS and see if it shows up. Note today being Sunday you might have to wait until Monday since a lot of them are closed.

Does anyone know the part number for the Ford Edge Throttle body? 2013 3.5L Limited. I might tackle this myself.

AT4Z-9E926-B is the throttle body. AT4Z-9E936-A is the gasket. FWIW we sell a TON of those throttle bodies. They are still used on new cars and we have replaced ones on vehicles with under 100 miles on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back