Who blends Mercedes-Benz AMG 0W-40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
Was at the Mercedes dealer yesterday, and they have three different oils they use for different cars. For most cars, it's Fuchs Titan SuperSyn 5W-40. For AMG vehicles they have two options; Mobil 1 0W-40 and Genuine AMG High Performance 0W-40. Just wondering if anyone's in the know about who blends Genuine AMG 0W-40? It's blended in Belgium, could it be Castrol? Here's more information on another forum.

Of course MB recommends M1 0-40, but your dealer has others to choose from. It's the same way here in the States with most every auto dealership.

Originally Posted By: pscholte
Petronas...come to the US...PLEASE

I just saw a TV ad for Cooltech oil by Petronas saying it keeps the engine cooler by carrying the heat away.

Originally Posted By: Carbon
I just saw a TV ad for Cooltech oil by Petronas saying it keeps the engine cooler by carrying the heat away.

Of course it does, just like any other oil.

Originally Posted By: zveroboy
Popsy 's UOA here , probably on the new version (better oil base and less moly, I suppose? )

At this moment, in W Europe, we can find both versions in the same shops ( old version stocks and the brand new CoolTech version).

I bought some new Syntium 7000 to put in the Smart, and now I can definitely say that the one in my UOA was old version, or at least old bottle/old packaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back