What's a good drink that doesn't destroy teeth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pure water. You can try some of the concentrated liquid water enhancers without sugar. Avoid sugar.

As far as teeth..that's a whole other matter younger people don't take care of teeth and as a result older people spend 10's of thousands on their teeth later in life.

I use a waterpic, sonacare toothbrush and floss daily. Cheap compared to caps.

As mentioned rinse. Get your teeth cleaned twice per year. I used to have a number of "4-pockets". I no longer have any 4's. Taking care of teeth is the best investment in you that you can make.

Mix your own gatorade at 1/2 strength or less from the powder. It costs a fraction as much too. Or mix some frozen concentrate lemonade at 1/2 strength.
When I did hay (electrolytes hadn't been advertised then) we only used to drink water but had moderately salted lemonade at lunch on the really hot days. If you eat lots of processed food or at restaurants alot you probably have little chance of sweating out too much salt.

All that your body is asking for is WATER. I work in the heat too, I get it. Forget drinking some sugary [censored] thru a straw, thats ridiculous. Sugar is not your friend.

If you're addicted to sugar, which most are without realizing or wanting to admit it, then yes, drinking water will be dull.

Gatorade is well marketed junk, full of things you should not consume, made by a company that appeals to you by using the "electrolytes" word.

Dont drink bottled water, buy a distiller, distill your own water. This way you know that you're starting with water that is clean. Add to it drops of Concentrace that's made by Trace Minerals Research (excellent product) and supplement with "Magnesium Caps" from Life Extension along with "Electrolyte Stamina", also made by Trace Minerals Research, another fabulous product. I would guess that like most of us, you need more minerals, the combination of these products will help immensely with energy.

Electrolyte stamina: http://www.vitacost.com/trace-minerals-research-electrolyte-stamina-300-tablets-2

Concentrace mineral drops: http://www.vitacost.com/trace-minerals-research-trace-mineral-drops-concentrace-8-fl-oz-4

Magnesium caps: http://www.vitacost.com/life-extension-m...=magnesium+caps

Just remember, we're slaves to the effective marketing of so many products that the body doesn't wna tand are made by people that care about making money, not us.

Unsweetened sun brewed tea
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: turboseize
Water. Just pure water. If you sewat a lot, have some salty snacks throughout the day.

Water making you tired could be your addiction to sugar - once blood sugar levels drop, you get tired. With soft drinks, you flood your body with sugar constantly, so you never notive the problem. That this is not very healthy needs not to be mentioned...

There was one commenter proposing beer. That should not be ridiculed. A bavarian white beer is a perfect match for any isotonic sports drink, nutrient-wise.
You would not want to get drunk at work, but some brewers make decent alcohol-free beers. Franziskaner and Neumarkter Lammsbräu in their "alkoholfrei" variants taste (to me) nearly indistinguishable to a "real" beer.

Unfortunately, Beer (along with coffee and sugar-containing pop) is a diuretic, or a substance that dehydrates the drinker. Your body's need for H2O increases if you drink beer. (What happens is you urinate a larger amount of fluids that the beverage contains, leading to a net loss of fluids).

Somewhat off topic, but worth mentioning, is of all the fruit juices available, Apple Juice is the most damaging to tooth enamel. It is also the cheapest fruit juice, so a large number of other juice flavours consist mostly or substantially of Apple Juices. Read the labels, and avoid at all costs. We do serious damage to our children's health when we feed them Apple Juice.

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Have any of you guys tried coconut water ? Any good ?
too much sugar

Coconut water with no sugar added has 19 g of naturally occurring sugars. But also alot of potassium and some sodium.. its good once in awhile but will make you require a bathroom break quite often.

Last edited:
I used to dilute cranberry juice with water. Still acidic obviously but if it is cut down it'll be less than a soda or Gatorade. I used to live on water or coffee before I moved into an office job.

Just go to WalMart and get some bottled water and then get some of those sugar free squirt in flavor bottles. Get a cooler and keep cold water at work. Get some dental floss, baking soda and a big bottle of Listerine and your gingivitis will go away if you brush with the baking soda and floss and rinse with the Listerine 2-3 times a day.

Sugar is the 100% NON NUTRIENT. It has zero nutritional value. Get it out of your diet.

I drink Diet Pepsi and Diet Mtn Dew. As a truck driver, I like the caffeine and drink sometimes 5-6 cans a day. I try to limit it to 2-3 on days off, but I've been doing this for over 20 years and really doesn't seemed to have hurt me any. I don't recommend to anybody to drink as much diet pop as I do, though.

I actually like tap water. Distilled water has no flavor,plus all the naturally occurring minerals have been removed. Naturally occurring sugars in fruit are actually good for you,it's the refined sugar in candy that's bad for you.

But just like everything,moderation is the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back