2005 Suburban... What filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as I keep going through my recently purchased Suburban, I noticed I need to put a new air filter in it. It currently has an AC Delco in it that is deformed and has some breakthrough to the clean side. What does everyone feel is my best bet for a new filter? I'd prefer to not use a K&N because we often drive in dusty environments and I don't feel the extra flow is worth the risk.

Thank you in advance.

Any store brand, fram puro stp wix, all will be sufficient. If you drive In dusty environment any filter will need to be checked more often then regularly. Id go cheapest store brand and check every few months (dusty months)

I have an '05 Suburban (also have an '06 TSX oddly enough...). I have used Purolator Pure One filters in mine for the past few years. They fit well and are well made.

You say the Suburban is a project...what are you doing to it?
smile.gif

I use Fram TGA8755A in these (massive surface area, strong construction, pre-oiled). $13 at your local Walmart.

In combination with the OEM restriction gauge (don't change it, or open/inspect until it says so), it'll last a very long time and provide excellent filtration.

Originally Posted By: cpayne5
I have an '05 Suburban (also have an '06 TSX oddly enough...). I have used Purolator Pure One filters in mine for the past few years. They fit well and are well made.

smile.gif

Suburban was/is in not very good condition even though it has relatively low mileage (130,000). I got it for a very good price and it had almost every option I wanted. Basically nothing except, rear air, three row bench seats, 4wd and auto-ride. While it's very drivable right now, the AC doesn't work, the airbag light is illuminated, needs new tires and the suspension could use a rebuild. All things I'm slowly working through. Finally it has some of the rust belt marks. I'm probably going to have spray on bedliner added to the lower quarter of the body panels at the seam. It's really going to be an excellent kid hauler and family trip vehicle. For the $6,500 I just paid for it, I couldn't be happier.

Originally Posted By: Elijah1
Originally Posted By: cpayne5

smile.gif

Suburban was/is in not very good condition even though it has relatively low mileage (130,000). I got it for a very good price and it had almost every option I wanted. Basically nothing except, rear air, three row bench seats, 4wd and auto-ride. While it's very drivable right now, the AC doesn't work, the airbag light is illuminated, needs new tires and the suspension could use a rebuild. All things I'm slowly working through. Finally it has some of the rust belt marks. I'm probably going to have spray on bedliner added to the lower quarter of the body panels at the seam. It's really going to be an excellent kid hauler and family trip vehicle. For the $6,500 I just paid for it, I couldn't be happier.

Cool, good luck with it. We've loved ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back