Recommendations for Hose Clamp Pliers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for something with a fixed jaw as well as something on a cable for those hard to reach situations.

Water pump pliers with these clamps just doesn't cut it.. Lots of cussing as well as potential eye/ face and property damage.

Would be curious how the Knipex 8551250AF would work.

I have an older cable style, no longer made, so I won't bother posting the make or model.
For other clamps I use a pair of bent-nose needle nose pliers.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I am looking for something with a fixed jaw as well as something on a cable for those hard to reach situations.

Water pump pliers with these clamps just doesn't cut it.. Lots of cussing as well as potential eye/ face and property damage.

I tried to open lower radiator hose on 3500 express van cutaway. Forget it. I ended up flushing radiator through top hose. I was SO frustrated. I need some of those clamps too.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I bought mine from the Cornwell tool truck.made in France!

Those are made by Mayhew and relabeled by numerous tool companies. They usually work well, but sometimes the cable fails. You can get the repair kit from a tool truck. I have a repaired Mayhew hose clamp tool.

The tool is also sold at Sears.

I have heard that Astro Pneumatic makes something like it but the cable was designed much better.

I have these & they work great in areas that you have some room. You can actually lock the hose clamps in the open postion with the built in locking slot on Toyota clamps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back