Fram Extra Guard PH16 @ ~6.5k Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrQuackers

Site Donor 2024
Taken off a 3.8 liter Dodge Grand Caravan that has been to the moon and is heading back home. Darn good engines. The bonding is perfect as always. Fiber end caps rule.

Yeah somehow those frail looking things usually seem to hold up now days.
I wonder if a guy could make paper airplanes with a sheet of that cardboard?

You didn't show us the car burned to the ground along the road after using a FRAM *rolls eyes*

Hey, no louvers in the center tube. That makes it a great filter by some standards.

I still can't make myself buy them. I used to say that I can get Motorcraft filters for the same price or less, but with the luck some have had with the Motorcraft lately, not sure what I am going to buy once my next 4 filters are used.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
That looks a lot better than the old PH16s did, much more media, much tighter pleat spacing!

Yes it does. It was noted on here there appeared to be some upgrades to those last year.

I am currently running a PH8A which I believe got the same treatment. I didn't think it would make it (my picky Jeep has had start up rattle with a lot of filters) but now at 1,500 miles I've only had 5 or 6 incidents which is about as good as it gets for that vehicle with any filter.

Plan to cut and post that one as well.

Thanks for posting!

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
But I think this filter was made on the. 211th day of 2014?

Correct

Originally Posted By: Eddie
A great filter PH16, that I have used for 600,000+ miles on 4 different vehicles. Never an oil related issue. Ed

I realize pleat spacing is not that tight. But that's OK as long as the filter can still function like new at the end of the manufacturers recommenced OCI. Fram marketing is misleading. Web page shows "up to 5000 miles" for Extra Guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back