Amazing what's bout to be thrown away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello BITOG faithful. Before heading back home this morning, my fathers friend, fisherman, trapper, save it, use it up or do without and "town recycler" as we call him found this WEBER "H" charcoal grill out for trash pickup at a home while picking witch hazel. Asked me if I wanted it and I said yes. Took the legs off and put in the ole Jeeper and it has a new home. I dusted it off and cleaned the grates and oiled the vents. Glad I have friends and great people like Herman(that's his name)

i5sn03.jpg

262o47p.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, cleaned grates off well and out some high temp engine paint on them and let them cure overnight
smile.gif

I did the same thing with the same grill. Our weber was rusted and the recycling yard had one with no lid.

Our lid was good.

My b-i-l thanked me for buying a new Weber. I didn't have the heart to correct him.

Job transfers, Divorce, illness, and death lead to a lot of perfectly good items going into the dumpster. I knew someone that had a side gig of dumpster diving at the end of each collage semester. It was amazing what he found. New TVs, radios, perfectly sell-able books, plates, silverware, the list goes on and on.

Sweet. An older one with 2 wood handles and old style lower vent. Now move the legs around so a handle is in the front.:)
Also get an ash catcher or you'll catch your yard on fire (ask me how I know).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: car51
I am using a old steel coffee can for ash catcher
smile.gif

Maxwell House blue can?

No, it's a ancient red FOLGERS 3lb can
smile.gif
. Funny how coffee came in steel cans, now it's in plastic and you get less lbs
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: wemay
Good save! There's a lot of life left in that one.

Heck yeah!! Looks great! So what time should we show up for dinner,I'm starving!!
19.gif

You can bring the "cowboy charcoal" which I love. I'll supply the jalapeno's, green peppers, green tomatoes and ripe tomatoes
smile.gif

*** UPDATE****

Used grill Friday evening and yesterday. Works beautifully as made kabobs, steak and some chicken breasts
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back