Bearing Buddy axle seal - review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a pair of these and I like them. Basically a SS sleeve that goes over the axle shaft shoulder and the seal is sized to go over the sleeve. So the seal is sealing against the SS sleeve vs the axle shaft shoulder. So if the shoulder is grooved or rusted or other imperfections it will not matter.

They say you need a Bearing Buddy to keep things lubricated.

Redi Sleeve is probably more available in my location.
Edit: I was thinking you were using one of these to fix a grooved surface that mates with a seal.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kruse
Redi Sleeve is probably more available in my location.
Edit: I was thinking you were using one of these to fix a grooved surface that mates with a seal.

Redi/speedi sleeves are a better product than the Bearing Buddy version IMO

Originally Posted By: Donald
I bought a pair of these and I like them. Basically a SS sleeve that goes over the axle shaft shoulder and the seal is sized to go over the sleeve. So the seal is sealing against the SS sleeve vs the axle shaft shoulder. So if the shoulder is grooved or rusted or other imperfections it will not matter.

They say you need a Bearing Buddy to keep things lubricated.
They work and are money savers.

Had a friend put them on. I said wait - that brand of trailer has Tie Down spindles where the zerk is on the end - and the grease port is near the back seal so that it can displace much of the old grease. If you have that - plenty good. If you don't, Bearing Buddy is your friend (sorry).
Just read instructions and don't over grease - can harm the rear seal.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Had a friend put them on. I said wait - that brand of trailer has Tie Down spindles where the zerk is on the end - and the grease port is near the back seal so that it can displace much of the old grease. If you have that - plenty good. If you don't, Bearing Buddy is your friend (sorry).
Just read instructions and don't over grease - can harm the rear seal.

Bearing Buddy brand say you cannot over grease. There are a lock of knockoffs however. Who knows about the HF version.

When their piston strokes out - all I can tell you is a grease gun puts out allot of pressure.
It is a closed system - Tie Down is not.

Real Bearing Buddies are usually chrome over brass with stainless spring, etc. If you see the piston move out you have enough. It will slowly push a tiny bit of grease out of the rear seal as it rotates so that water does not intrude. They work really well
smile.gif

If you over grease, you just blow the rear seal out and you have nothing
frown.gif

Except - ta da - there is a non-lipped rear seal that will push the ring outward and let grease out, but no water back in. You can't really over grease those as they just let the excess out
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back