Who Uses Mobil 1 Advanced Full Synthetic 5w30 Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son and now my brother decided this morning that Advanced Full Synthetic Mobil 1 is their new choice in synthetic Motor oil since we stopped using QSUD. I would like to hear from other uses that use Mobil 1...I have read that it is not as good as it used to be in wear tests and engine cleanliness tests but i don't remember where or when i read it and how true it is.
Any input would be appreciated as my brother asked me to post this.. He is a great transmission rebuilder but he is set in his ways most of the time. My son on the other hand believes everything he hears or heard while in automotive school.

I use M1 EP 5W30 in my wife's xB, it's shear prone 1.5 1NZFE has proven via UOA that the oil can last 10K, holding less than 4 quarts (even with an oversize XG3600 filter), filter goes for 20K/2 OCIs. ZERO consumption, not even dark brown when I change it.

Mobil I since 1978 with no problems. Good choice, easy to find and very good price at (I can't hardly say it) Walmart. I always feel like I've been to a leper colony when I get home from Walmart. Really the only game in town but *&@#^%!&^%$.

I think the one they are planning to use is the Mobil 1 Advanced Full Synthetic not the EP 5w30 i think my sons girl friend already picked it up according to him.

M1 5-30 is one of the best 5-30s on the market. I know folks that run it out to 15-20K OCIs and have 300-400K on their engines.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
I always feel like I've been to a leper colony when I get home from Walmart. Really the only game in town but *&@#^%!&^%$.
That is pretty much the truth but the oil prices makes the risk worthwhile.

I have used M1 since the mid 80's. Mostly 5w-30. Every car I have owned has rusted to death at advanced miles and never have I had a wear related engine problem. I have never had to replace a PCV valve either which is a testament to how clean it keeps the motors. My daily driver is a 2006 Chevy Aveo with 206K miles. It uses no oil in 7500 mile OCIs and runs as good as the day we bought it.

My bet is that there are other synthetics that are just as good. And I bet the dino oils are also excellent though probably not as long lasting as the synthetics. That's my experience for what it's worth.

+
Ran it in many vehicles over several decades - I don't use the EP as 7k-8k OCI is all I do ...
No consumption on any ...

I think the Advanced Synthetic is a top quality product and have run it before it several of my cars but I am also a big fan of QSUD which seems to have performed just a great as Advanced and a little cheaper on the old billfold. Why has your brother stopped using the QSUD just out of curiosity.

I liked the QSUD it's just im through with pennzoil and Quaker State until they secure their jugs a little better with an inner seal like all the other major players do, they leak and sometimes you can see the difference in the oil levels brand new on the shelf..
Don't get me wrong i like pennzoil and Quaker State a lot because i think its great oil and i have used it for many many years.. I don't know which one cleans better the QSUD or the Mobil 1 my Brother and son want to use. I think it is pretty close either way but it seems Mobil 1 is the bigger seller.

M1 5w40 in a TDI for over 250k w/10k OCI - no issues
M1 5w30 in two Toyota V6s, 160 k on one, 85k on another, again no issues.

Good oil, IMHO.

The snobs buy Mobil 1 oil from Walmart too. Just buy it from Amazon...less drama.

You've been on this board for 8 years, have nearly nine THOUSAND posts, and are asking a basic question such as this?!

Come on, man!!!

II

Originally Posted By: corndogzombie
I was told that Mobil 1 was known for producing high iron counts in uoas

You were told wrong.
Rather than relying upon what people who may know less than you do tell you, you could just go to the UOA forum and check it out for yourself.

Im actually asking this for my brother and son to see what others think although i was expecting someone to ask me this...Its ok though.
On the other hand things change a lot with oils these days ..Someone posted about Pennzoil not being so good these days and i do remember a few saying bad things about Mobil 1 and QSUD also..

I've been liking it in my car. Least start up noise, never burn a drop over a whole OCI. What's not to like?

Thirsty just got a fresh 7 quart change of the stuff. Using Mobil product's here without exception in everything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back