Hood Latch Grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try many different product, I end up going back what Im using many years ago and im happy with it, is Fluid Film, I use it on EVERYTHING ( hate the smell ), but its work like charm. Lock, hinges, key lock, ignition lock, battery connector protector , hood latch... I go around and spray all my doors lock, door hinges, pop the hood, spray some on battery connector, hood release cable thing, hood hinges, using the straw and squirt 1 shot into all keys hole.

I also use this to doing under coat of all my mustangs too.

One thing I just hate the smell
frown.gif

I bought mine at Oreilly for $11.99

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Hmmm, what does it smell like?

Sheep B.O. I kinda don't mind/like the smell but the wife can't stand it! Try to do both vehicles yearly with the bulk gallon and a spray gun.

I like white lithium in the jar with brush. Put a dab on the hook of the lock and you are good. Same goes with all the locks. It seems like it stays there longer and can be a little cleaner to use versus a spray and all you really need is a very small amount

CRC Industries 5037 White Lithium Grease in aerosol can. Use it for all the door hinges too. Less than $3, and it works good.

Motor oil is recommended in some owner manuals.

+1 ... several companies make spray on lithium grease - it penetrates and then gels ...

I gotta go with the "darn near anything" answers but I like to hear what others have zeroed in on.

I use white lithium grease. I love 5-56 and 2-26 but I never heard of 6-66. I'm sure it's good too.

I've seen hood latches which were entirely rusty (bad batch of steel?). Therefore I'd go with a "residue coater" type product.

Funny this came up again.

The latch was really rough so I took a closer look it it. Took it apart to clean it and tinkered with the adjusting screws. Boom. Smooth as silk. The ball and socket from the cable didn't appear to be installed right either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back