Driveway Alarms ..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one harbor freight sells that is advertised as working 400 ft is a lie. Lucky to get 60ft line of sight out of one.i also bought a mighty mule one from tractor supply and it will work 200+ ft

I have a Dakota Alert, which is just motion activated similar to the door sensor at a grocery store. It works. I get a lot of false alarms though. Cats, rabbits, any wild life that walks by sets it off. Its acceptable for my driveway and house.

If I had a large driveway, I would not use a motion alert system. I would use one of the ones that detect magnetic fields/metal, so that small animals don't set it off.

i have a number of professional sensors outside my house installed by my security company and they are not always the greatest..I get false alarms sometimes and on hot nights they are less sensitive.. I think the best system was when i had a trip wire when someone hits the wire it comes loose and it triggers the alarm inside my house. If someone trips the wire in the middle of the night the cameras will get them first and i will be out there within a minute or so.. I never got to meet anyone that way so far..

Originally Posted By: Blaze
Anyone have experience with what works or doesn't....thanks

Our dog works pretty good.

Originally Posted By: DirtyMoe21
Chamberlain motion sensors work well.
been considering one of those plus you can keep adding more...thanks for the replie(s) reading some of the remarks on Amazon it appears you want one with adjustable volume. I have bad hearing from working around machinery and NOT wearing ear protection.

Originally Posted By: JTK
Originally Posted By: Blaze
Anyone have experience with what works or doesn't....thanks

Our dog works pretty good.

Best.

Well bought the "Guardline" driveway sensor and it doesn't work. I think it might have to do something with the metal roof/siding. Even with windows and wood walls and composite garage door it just doesn't want to throw a signal through ANYTHING!...Its fine with no obstructions. I bought the extender too and that didn't help. Even bringing the sensor closer to the house within 60 ft and it still won't work. Even with the extender. I'll call the help line tomorrow but most likely going getting a refund.

Grandparents tried a few different ones and they all drove them nuts at night, too many false alarms from neighborhood critters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back