Are you the only neighbor who works on vehicles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only have one neighbor who does a little welding in his garage occasionally. I've seen my other neighbor change his oil a couple times, but haven't seen him do it in a while.

LOL.. Yup im pretty much the only one around here i have a neighbor that calls me the hood man because i always have a hood up..
I am blessed with great neighbors..

Yeah, pretty much. I don't think anyone in my neighborhood even tops off their washer fluid.

Originally Posted By: John_K
I have neighbors who take it to a mechanic for an air filter change. Weenies.

lol.gif

Same here. Just like the Advance Auto Parts commercial for me through. Second Shift. First Love. I'm always outside doing something. Even if I'm just checking tire pressure or coolant and oil levels.

I do have a neighbor who has a son who is obsessed over his ridiculously small lawn to the point of hilarity. I mean he has a riding lawn mower to do about 20 feet of grass. I think it takes him longer to prime and start the thing then actually cutting grass.

There's one guy up the street who one would call a "ricer". He's always working on his car.

Other than him and me, I think the most anyone else does is wash and polish their car in their driveway.

There's actually HOA rules that state you're not allowed to work on your car in your driveway but I have always ignored those. I clean up after myself, I don't use air tools and well, f them regardless.

I have a great neighbor that likes to wrench on stuff.
I've helped him with a slave cylinder on a 2002 Ranger 3.0 and a non starting 77'Ford F250 he inherited.
He recently traded in his 2000 GMC Sierra for a 2015 GMC Sierra.

Current project he's working on is a 2005 Honda Foreman that he left the gas set in it untreated for too long.

No. Just about everyone around this area works on their own vehicles. But then when you get outside the city, folks tend to be a little more self-reliant.

My house near the water? Heck no.

My inland house in horse country? People run full-out repair businesses out of their home. I have a neighbor who subs out 5 or 6 boats a month to me from his home marine repair business when it's too tough to handle. There's home body shops, performance parts dealer/installers, welder/fabricators, powdercoaters, 4x4/off-road customizers, OPE repair operations, diesel truck repair operations, quad/dirtbike/motorcycle/UTV repair operations.

As we are in horse country, in a very "mind your own ____ing business" part of the county, commercial/agricultural/animal zoning/licenses are a given. Long as the government gets its property taxes, they really could care less what we're up to.

I have no neighbor within a one mile radius of my house. Perfect. And no old retired coots asking me if my mower is broken if I don't cut the grass every five days...

I'm the only one around here that works on my vehicles. There's a guy about a mile down the road that has an old 'Cuda, '66 Shelby Mustang resto-mod, and two other vehicles that are under covers in his garage. But as far as wrenching, I think it's just me lol.

My closest neighbor I'm beginning to think waits for me to start a project and then will ask for "advice" on a noise her car is making, which translated means "please check out the noise my car is making."

Last weekend while working on my ATV, she asked me if I could fill her kids bike tires with air which shows just how much I'm the only one that does anything mechanical around here.

In my neighborhood, you're gonna hear the alternating noises of an impact wrench and a compressor all weekend from somebody's house. Sometimes you can listen to dueling impacts up and down the block. I've never lived in a neighborhood like this before, but I don't mind
smile.gif

Only one as far as ive seen. I dont muddle in major repairs but oil, filters, lights, fluids etc I do on my own. Seems like most rather pay someone to do it..i suppose oil and filter isnt much more to have done vs buying all the stuff urself..(unless you buy oil during a sale..like i do)

I feel like I'm the only one who does work on my vehicles. Sometimes I see a neighbor change his oil and tires.

One neighbor has a mid 80's Buick he is working on. Have another neighbor that works on his truck from time to time and one more that does some basic stuff on his cars. Otherwise, the other 20 or so houses around me I don't see anyone doing mechanical work. A few spend a lot of time washing and waxing though.

Everyone in my "neighborhood" does a lot of their own maintenance on stuff. I rarely know when they are doing it since it is 1/4 mile to my nearest neighbor and all of us have shops that we usually do our work in. Only on a rare occasion will I happen by one of neighbors and actually catch them working on a vehicle or piece of machinery. Usually when that happens, it is repairing something that broke on a piece of equipment out in the field along the road.

I think I'm the only one in my apartment complex brazen enough to work on their cars in the parking lot or on the gravel lot attached to it.

I do most of my work at my mom's house, but last night did a quick headlight aim adjustment against the fence in our apt complex.

I'll check fluids and tires before a trip and know that I'm the only one who does that too.

People just don't care enough to learn how anymore.

No one works on cars in my neighborhood. In my dads previous neighborhood, he was the only neighborhood out there all weekend with the radio on welding, grinding, hammering, fabricating, repairing, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back