Pyramids of the Sun and Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was recently in Mexico and took the opportunity to do some research for my next book (these pyramids and a few more are in it).

Here are a few photos; enjoy!

Pyramid of the Moon (from the Pyramid of the Sun):
xwnibz.jpg

View of the Pyramid of the Sun (from the Pyramid of the Moon):
XnVo53.jpg

Temple of Quetzalcoatl:
vIHUIR.jpg

Jaguar "Paintings" (more than 2000 years old):
lzQUO8.jpg

Parrot Statue:
qqH1Ov.jpg

Temple on the Avenue of the Dead:
ntYAzm.jpg

Close-up of some of the statues on the Temple of Quetzalcoatl:
ftDVRV.jpg

Lion grass growing on top of the Pyramid of the Moon:
Upvb6S.jpg

View of the end of the Avenue of the Dead (from the Pyramid of the Moon):
BY9J3o.jpg

View from the base of the Pyramid of the Sun:
74QCk6.jpg

Temple on the Avenue of the Dead (from near the base of the Pyramid of the Moon):
xZSJxl.jpg

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Are these close to Cancun?
No, they are about an hour and a half to two hours away to the north of Mexico City.

I'm intrigued...next book implies previous books, and the subject matter of this one sounds intriguing.

And I'm a big fan of megaliths...

Now more details please.

Those are some incredible pictures.

I'd love to get my hands on some original/larger sizes (to show students). Could you email some to me? Or have you posted them online somewhere?

Last edited:
i enjoy watching the history and discovery channels related to this subject.

these are beautiful pics with details that sometimes are not covered on the shows

thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted By: paulri
Those are some incredible pictures.

I'd love to get my hands on some original/larger sizes (to show students). Could you email some to me? Or have you posted them online somewhere?
PM me your email address.

Some of those old people were smart in different ways other than sticking knives in young girls for a religious ceremony.

Because they did not have electronic devices and automobiles most of us think they were stupid and deprived.

Before you make up your mind, try a hit of ayahuasca and see how you can forget about your cell phone and go on an adventure without leaving town.

Fantastic pictures, by the way. Photography has become so advanced in the past few years that we can all get involved and worry more about the subject and less about the process. Photos like yours are the result and we can all share in vision.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
I'm intrigued...next book implies previous books, and the subject matter of this one sounds intriguing. And I'm a big fan of megaliths...Now more details please.
They are adventure novels which involve treasure and artifact hunting. You can see the current book here:

Storms of Fortune

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Fantastic pictures, by the way. Photography has become so advanced in the past few years that we can all get involved and worry more about the subject and less about the process. Photos like yours are the result and we can all share in vision.
Thanks; it was a great day climbing all three pyramids and the myriad of temples dotting the landscape along the Avenue of the Dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back