Moog chassis parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After going through two sets of Moog sway bar end links on my F-150,, with their Limited Lifetime Warranty, I decided to make a change. Local dealer didn't have any Motorcraft end links in stock but the local Napa had their brand in stock. Fine looking pieces, much more refined than the Moog pieces. The stock Ford parts went over 100k, the Moog links are only good for 10-15k. Guess time will tell.

Napa chassis is federal mogul aka moog. It might be moogs problem solver line, which is more upscale than their R-line.

FWIW, my $8 Raybestos endlinks on my dakota have about 75k on them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DemoFly
Napa chassis is federal mogul aka moog. It might be moogs problem solver line, which is more upscale than their R-line.

FWIW, my $8 Raybestos endlinks on my dakota have about 75k on them.

Okay, but they are two totally different parts that do the same thing. BTW, this design uses a 'heim' joint rather than a straight piece with washers and bushings.

I have found that some MOOG problem solver stuff lasts, some doesn't. I don't know why that is.

As for NAPA premium, they usually use Raybestos Pro. However, for some foreign cars, you end up with Sankei 555 or Lemforder.

I'll buy life time warranty parts, they have to be better!

I've heard folks complain to about MOOG sway bar links breaking too!

Last fall I got a set of lifetime warranty MOOG links for the back, wait and see I guess...

Moog has some high end products, but their quality is not consistent and application specific. The Moog inner tie rods I got for my Envoy were made in Germany, and were top notch. But I passed on the outer tie rods, and went with Lemforder. For the most part, the quality is consistent with Lemforder, but I can't say the same for Moog.

Raybestos Professional was Spicer, and they were pretty good. Recently though, it seems they have gone down the pipes. Deeza is the same, when they once made pretty high end products, their range of products have been pretty inferior lately. Sankei 555 is excellent, but they don't have products available for all applications.

Probably two thirds of the stuff for sale now is a re-box of something else. Brands are little more than licensing agreements now, the brand on the box isn't necessarily the physical manufacturer or even designer of that particular P/N, and even within the same manufacturer, different applications can be sourced from different factories, partners or subsidiaries. Hard to know what you;re geting when there are no specs to check...

Moog now has more than one level of quality. They still make plenty of good quality parts, so the claims they're now low-quality are inaccurate.

But, not every part Moog makes (or reboxes) is going to be the top shelf stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back