2016 Audi S3 8V (EA888 Gen 3) 5152 Miles - PP Euro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Below is my oil analysis for my 2016 Audi S3 8V with 5152 miles (2223 miles on the fluid) with Pennzoil Platinum Euro SAE 5W40,

Sample #1 - OE Fill
Sample #2 - PP Euro 5W40
NL - Baseline VOA for PP Euro 5W40

Wear PPM/1,000 miles:

Iron: From 11.46 to 6.75
Copper: From 16.94 to 6.29
Silicon: From 12.95 to 4.05

i-pLgmwSn-X3.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Thanks for the report. Looks like you could go much longer on this oil.

How do you like the car?

It was due for the 5,000 free service and decided to let them change out the instead of keeping it to see how the break in was coming along. As everything looks good I will run it 5k miles OCI.

So far I am loving it - a big upgrade from my 06 GTI and not have had any issues.

Was the VOA performed on the same bottle or lot of oil used in the car? I'd suspect not comsidering some of the additives are significantly higher in the UOA than the VOA such as Boron, Calcium, phosphorous and zinc. The engine shouldn't produce those. Either that or the accuracy of the analysis for one sample or the other was not that precise. Not trying to nitpick. Just an observation.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
Was the VOA performed on the same bottle or lot of oil used in the car? I'd suspect not considering some of the additives are significantly higher in the UOA than the VOA such as Boron, Calcium, phosphorous and zinc. The engine shouldn't produce those. Either that or the accuracy of the analysis for one sample or the other was not that precise. Not trying to nitpick. Just an observation.

Not from same bottle, similar/close to batch numbers but not the same bottle. The oil was changed by the dealer using a oil extractor so from what I have read that leaves about 0.25 qts of oil left in sump if you extract is property and take the needed time. I assume it is a bit of oil oil in sump plus bottle variations, and test result variations although from everything I have read Polaris Labs is pretty good. No worries on the nitpick - I noticed the same, I may take two samples next time and submit them one week apart and see how the results differ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back