Best Replacement Cone Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2007 Civic Si that I bought used years ago with a Fujita short ram intake installed. Apparently the company no longer has a website. My last two UOA have hinted that I need better air filtration (check em out yourself if you want). I am open to any advice (related to the k20 engine or not) about the best replacement. I would prefer to just replace the cone filter only but am not opposed to spending a little cash on a shiny new intake for the car. I just want to prioritize filtration over performance for now. I do not have the stock air plumbing as the car didn't come with it. I believe the current intake piping is 3" and will confirm this tomorrow after work.

I'm not a K&N fan because I had K&N and ran several UOA and had silicon in the stratosphere. Switched to Amsoil nanofiber air filters and my silicon counts became realistic. Wrecked that car, ruined the (aftermarket Amsoil cone type) filter, found out Amsoil is no longer marketing them...Discovered afe power and I'm running a 4" cone Pro Dry S. They are a cleanable, reusable, dry filter. Last few UOA have been really nice on silicon counts. http://afepower.com/

I'd probably get the OEM pipework from a scrapyard (shouldn't cost much, surely) and put an OEM spec. paper filter in it.

Honda S2k factory filter
wink.gif

ITG will make you a cone to any dimensions and they offer various levels of filtration form sterile test cell filters to Paris-Dakar extreme severe dust level filters.
Google them!

Originally Posted By: Ducked
I'd probably get the OEM pipework from a scrapyard (shouldn't cost much, surely) and put an OEM spec. paper filter in it.
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back