CADEX CDX-30 in .260 Remington?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
CADEX has updated their rifle lineup which now includes the 6.5 Creedmore and the .260 Remington. The former has limited cartridge availability in Canada, and since I, like many others, like to shoot box ammo when I shoot casually that leaves us with just the latter. This would be the same basic idea as my CDX-33: Remington 700-based in stainless with a Bartlein barrel, custom bolt, trigger....etc.

Their page is here:
http://www.cadexdefence.com/products/cdx-precision-rifles/precision-rifle-lite/

After some recent banter, I've been looking at 700's in .260 but of course the options are varied. Straight from Remington you can get it in stainless (without the heavy barrel) or with a heavy barrel, but not in stainless. Spend a bit more money and you can get both as featured here:

http://www.snipercountrypx.com/product/remington-700-ss-5r-w24-threaded-barrel-260-rem/

Quote:
Gen2 Model 700 5R .260 Remington 24 Inch Threaded Fluted Barrel 5/8-24 TPI Black Cerakote Stainless Steel HS Precision Stock Sand With Black Webbing 4 Round. Gen2 model 700 with X-Mark Pro Trigger and the M700 stainless steel barreled action, threaded barrel with 5R rifling. 5/8-24 threads. Black Cerakote coated stainless steel barrel. HS Precision stock; sand with black webbing. Tactical bolt knob. Twist Rate: 1:8

Which is about $1,300.00 so pretty reasonably priced in comparison to the close to 6K for the CADEX.

Alternatively I could order the stainless Remington without the heavy barrel and order a Bartlein.

I'm thinking the Sniper Country 5R above is the best deal of the bunch in terms of what you get for your money. I can always order the CADEX trigger and upgrade it as I see fit.

Thoughts?

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
A little off topic, but is your rifle on the wallpaper pics on their site?

Yes, wallpaper 29, LOL!

I currently have a total of 3, .300 Win. Mag. rifles, and I'm considering a 4th. A Remington 700 Sendero in .300 Win. Mag. I want to set it up with a 40 MOA base, and a Leupold Mark IV 16X 40 MM scope. This one:

https://www.natchezss.com/leupold-mark-4-16x40-lr-t-m1-riflescope-mil-dot-reticle-matte.html

The beauty of this scope is that it has a full 140 MOA of vertical adjustment. (70 MOA either side of zero). Mounted on a 40 MOA base that would give me a full 110 MOA of upward adjustment after the rifle was zeroed at 100 yards. With the .300 Win. Mag. and appropriate handloads, that should allow a dead on hold well past 1,500 yards. Even well beyond that utilizing the Mil-Dot system, (I'd have to look at the ballistics).

I currently have a Kimber 8400 Police Tactical in .300 Win. Mag., with a Bushnell Tactical Elite 5-15X 40 MM sitting on a 20 MOA base. I'm very pleased at the accuracy, but because of the 20 MOA base, along with the Bushnell glass, It doesn't give me the adjustment I want to really reach out there. So I'm going to keep it for 600 yard shooting, and set up the Remington Sendero for 1,000 yards and well beyond.

I've toyed with the idea of going to the .338 Lapua in the Remington 700 Police with the same base and glass. But that gun is over $1,000.00 more than the Sendero. ($2,500.00 range + or -). Another thing I like about the Sendero is it's all Stainless Steel, with an H&S Precision stock with a full aluminum bedding block, just like the 700 Police is. The Police grade 700's are matte black, and not Stainless Steel. The Sendero is by far the better looking rifle. My biggest obstacle is justifying going to a new .338 when I'm already shooting the .338-378 Weatherby. .338 Lapua brass is costly and hard to find, plus I would have to get new dies along with everything else. I already have Competition Grade Dies in .300 Win. Mag., along with a ton of brass. But that doesn't take away the fact the .338 Lapua is the better suited cartridge to reach out there better than the .300 Win. Mag. I would have zero interest in setting this up in 6.5. I'm not even sure the Sendero is available in 6.5. Decisions, decisions.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Yes, wallpaper 29, LOL!
I thought so!!!

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Yes, wallpaper 29, LOL!
I thought so!!!

That's my .308
smile.gif
I haven't had a chance to send them any good ones of the .338LM yet, though I've been asked to
grin.gif

Just to update this, I have my local shop looking into bringing in the Remington for me. Now for scopes.... I might do the S&B PMII this time.

I was poking around the Cadex site the other day. I noticed they have chassis for Tikka T3s too. A fan of the 6.5mm/.264, I have a T3 in 6.5x55 and a Rem Sendero in 264 Win mag. Then I spotted a Sako 995 338LM in Ontario for $700. All I need now is money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back