2010 Honda Fit Blower Motor & Resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning guys,

Over the weekend my Blower Fan Resistor went knocking out my 1,2,3 fan speeds (4 still works direct wiring in the circuit bypasses Resistor).

I am looking at the cheapest way do DIY this, the cost of the Honda Blower looks to be North of 200$, and I saw some TYC units on Amazon.ca that seem like they may be the way to go for $75 CDN with Free Shipping.

Anyone have any experience with jobber Blower Motors and Resistors for the Fit or Hondas in general, especially off branded jobber ones (TYC etc...).

Thanks a lot guys looking to fix this up ASAP (No AC as the fan bearing is trashed barely runs).

While it is not a Honda I used a TYC branded fan blower motor in my Tundra a few years ago without issues, it worked great.

So the fan bearings are bad?

Id say replacing the resistor is just a temp fix. Why not replace both at the same time?

Thanks for the info on TYC Inhalingbullets!

Called the Dealer (two actually) and the Blower Fan squirrel cage assembly was CDN $323.96, and the Resistor was $33.60.

Called some jobbers, including NAPA, and the prices were fairly high as well ($130-182 in range NAPA being the highest).

I ordered the TYC blower from Amazon.ca for CAD $75 Free Shipping, and will be getting the Resistor from Honda as the price was fairly good.

And yes the plan is to change the Resistor and Blower at the same time as the bearing is going on the Blower which increased the resistance and fried the Resistor pack.

It should be coming by next Tuesday, will update on the repair with the Conclusions (how close to OEM the fit was, how it went, and if the TYC moves as much air and how loud the aftermarket fan is etc...).

Thanks for your input guys!!

I installed the TYC fan and the new resistor.

Everything went well, but the fan pushes a bit less air.

I don't mind as it was an inexpensive fix compared to the dealer.

As a note, I always found number 4 fan setting to be insanely loud as to not be useable.

And I found fan setting 1 wasn't low enough.

With this TYC fan, all the ranges are more useable.

4 bypasses the resistor pack and the fan is really quiet, it is like the fan is on 3 with the OEM fan.

So I leave the fan on 4 all the time now and it is enjoyably quiet, but moves a nice amount of air.

And 1 gives a very useable breeze, will work well in the Winter.

So all in all, I am very happy with this DIY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back