I would watch the Olympic air-rifle competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ws6
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I can hardly call shooting stationary in one place a "sport", rather perhaps a "skill". Biathlon certainly is a sport, which crosses skill with endurance and athletic capability. I'm glad that there is shooting in the olympics. I don't know that the propellant makes much of a difference, compared to the fact that one can display shooting sports/skills on a world stage.

I grew up with air rifles, and enjoy shooting them. I have no issue with folks who demonstrate their skills with those vs powder-based guns. Obviously the range and abilities will be limited, but that's the nature of the beast.

Maybe I'm different, but when I used to shoot 3-400m using a .223, after trying to punch out groups for an hour or so, I felt as beat down as when I fought full contact. A different kind of worn out, but it was similar.

Maybe Im different, but I feel worn out when I dig a trench or lay a roof or do some other tasks.

Skills they may be, some requiring more than others... Sports they arent.

I dont now that getting beat up is the definition of a sport. Nothing wrong with having a skill, or getting beat up for it.

I just prefer in something like the olympics, that an event like the biathlon be the way that folks are showing altheticism, not structured in one place shooting.

Id actually like a summer biathlon thats the combo of shooting targets (maybe even some trap and some stationary, and let the athletes carry both guns) with the steeplechase
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I can hardly call shooting stationary in one place a "sport", rather perhaps a "skill".

Well that's probably because you're not out there doing it.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Here is a rifle I made famous in the USA back in the 90's.
This is not 10 meter but designed for Field Target use. Fully recoiling.
I built the stock and build all the internal tune up parts for these.
This gun is about 15 years old and seen a bunch of competitions.
Not just a BB gun
smile.gif

I realize that you deal in high-end Air Rifles. But do you have any recommendations for an air rifle in the $200-$300 range for general target practice, and maybe some varmint hunting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back