Anyone here shoot a QB78...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tuning my second one. Once the cheap Chinese soft OEM breech seal is replaced and you add a silicone O ring for the piercing plug, they are pretty effective on tree rats fruit peckers, and such
laugh.gif

This has been my most productive quiet neighbor friendly rifle by far. I have others, but this thing just keep gettin the job done
smile.gif

I shot one for a week on a 395 acre spread in Florida.
They are not my forte or specialty but it was a neat little gun but the stock was designed
by a non user. You can barely get on target with irons and its just off everywhere. Mine was a full custom job.
I didn't want to take my high end guns out and this was pretty decent to shoot.
I did bring an old Crosman 160 with me too. That's the real deal.

I stocked this now defunct AS392 in Missouri Walnut many years ago. It was a SS .22 C02 as well.

Ooooh, that's lovely. Do you still build custom air guns?

I agree that the Delux with the cheek pad needs a scope or it's too tight a fit. But a super low scope (almost touching the barrel) is working out real nice
smile.gif

I'd like to convert my 22 Bluestreak to PCP and loose the fore-stock and the pump system... Can't find a kit for it ... I may think up something this winter.

Just got a Beeman version of the QB78 (not Delux) and the stock is different. No cheek swell. I have a fat head and I can get down on the irons on this one.

But, the gun has a slow leak past the valve assembly. So I ordered a seal kit and a valve from Archer and we'll see how hard it is to get right? I could send it back, think I'll just wrench it myself...

My original QB78 Delux with a Tech Force 4X32 scope has been pretty flawless after I changed the breech seal to the higher flow one
laugh.gif

I've got Hatsan and Benji's too. But I like the little QB Delux real well out to about 20m or so for tree rats and fruit peckers ...

After that it's the Hatsan PCP 44QE. That one hits pretty hard
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back