Mah new ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
my 400 dollar 275000 mile 2000 Corolla, bought last week

20160802_153728_zps1wsfc41m.jpg
20160802_153614_zps1ts901h2.jpg
20160805_145426_zpseaor9euj.jpg

Last edited:
When it dies on you just call the local junk yard and sell to them for a few hundred. Cant go wrong at that price.

Corollas are boring but reliable, and parts are easy and cheap to find.
With a good tune-up and proper maintenance, I hope you get to 500,000 miles with it.

Was it spray painted?

The way I look at it, if you get more than 5000 miles out of it, you got your money's worth. Anything above that and you're free rolling.

Good luck with it!

Love it! I want to do the same but dont think i will get the permission lol..great cars..easy to work on..solid.

Check your fluids and drive it...OR enter it in a chump car race where after the race someone can buy your car and you have to sell it to them.

Looks like you got a good deal. $400, that's 1 month of a car payment! Actually probably less.

My Camry is the same color, left rear corner is smashed from being rear ended a few months back. Their insurance paid me $3,300 for it. I only paid $2,100 and I still drive it.

Pro tip, there's slop in all those throttle cables. Adjust it out.

I had an 02 and despite the hype it was plumb worn out and/or horribly maintained.

Stick shift, I assume?

Can anyone ID those alloy wheels?

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Man, honestly don't get the back-slapping kudos for buying a 275K $400 beater. Was thinking along the lines of hope things get better for you buddy....

Takes more skill to buy a beater than a new car from a dealer.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Man, honestly don't get the back-slapping kudos for buying a 275K $400 beater. Was thinking along the lines of hope things get better for you buddy....

Takes more skill to buy a beater than a new car from a dealer.
wink.gif

Yep, as much skill as rolling dice and buying Powerball tickets.
21.gif

First, the OP is in Canada. Cars are typically much more expensive up there, even if something is wrong with it.

Second, it's a generally solid car that could likely be worked on to make a bit nicer if so inclined. That means more profit when selling eventually.

Lastly, having a reliable car that drives far better than it looks can help avoid attention. Like if one owns rentals in a formerly nice part of town, rolling up in a "nice" car attracts the wrong sort of attention quickly. Rolling up in a reliable beater is nice for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back