Has anyone used the 3M complete Fuel system cleane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning on changing my oil soon but before I do I would like to perform a fuel system cleaning.
So Amazon sells the 3M Complete fuel system cleaner for $32. That package includes a cleaner that you hook up to a throttle body and allow it to spray as you rev the engine to 1000rpm. Then they include an actual throttle body cleaner which is the regular spray onto the throttle plate and wipe. Finally they include the in gas tank cleaner (pour into gas tank along with fuel).

Now, has anyone had any experience with that system and if it actually does anything?

The car is Corolla 2010 with 101k miles on it.

2010... you do not need any sort of cleaner for any part of your car other than maybe a vacuum for the interior.

I've never done anything except use the 20-gallon Techron bottles in the fuel. Cars have never had an issue and probably never would have regardless.

Originally Posted By: horse123
2010... you do not need any sort of cleaner for any part of your car other than maybe a vacuum for the interior.

You are a liar. How about some exterior cleaner for the paint. Interior cleaner for the plastic and one for the upholstery.
People like you are why this forum is going downhill. Next time don't post.

Yep it works good I have several packages of it. I prefer to remove the throttle body for cleaning so you can get the butterfly and throat completely clean.

Do you need to purchase any new seal if you remove the TB for cleaning?

Originally Posted By: LubeLuke

You are a liar. How about some exterior cleaner for the paint. Interior cleaner for the plastic and one for the upholstery.

Get lost buddy. Been here longer than you and helped 10x the people.

horsebutt,

Name one person you've helped. Most, if not everything you write are troll posts.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

horsebutt,

Name one person you've helped. Most, if not everything you write are troll posts.

Or, you know, a bunch of stubborn old farts think that Fords are the best thing since sliced bread, catch cans cure cancer, and you need to waste thousands of dollars on fuel additives over the life of a vehicle to "make it last".

Think though, for a second. You know those stories of million mile or 500,000 or whatever vehicles? How many of them do you think spent $30 on techron every month, or wasted their time with a catch can, or cared whether they put in oil x or y?

I'm willing to bet that number is about exactly perfectly right at ZERO of them.

Don't cry just because someone younger than you is more open to ideas and isn't stuck in a rut of "everything has to be done exactly like this or it won't work at all"

Last edited:
Only thing I would do are:

Clean throttle body with cheap 5$ product from car store.

Clean MAF sensor. Carefully.

If you really want to run a fuel cleaner get a 5$ bottle of techron when on sale and run it through on the 2nd before last tank of gas before oil change. I do it once in awhile, cant be sure it does much but it wont hurt either. Corollas are solid cars and dont need much to stay running strong.

Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
I've never done anything except use the 20-gallon Techron bottles in the fuel.

That's a mighty big bottle of Techron.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
I've never done anything except use the 20-gallon Techron bottles in the fuel.

That's a mighty big bottle of Techron.
wink.gif

Fire for effect

Mosquitoes are getting thicker 'round here now. Might try a Seafoam smoke job to drive some out.

3M is one of the most PEA content available. Good for the cleaning by fuel. The line stuff I don't use, if the injector are that dirt, I'd bench clean it in a ultrasound batch.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

horsebutt,

Or, you know, a bunch of stubborn old farts think that Fords are the best thing since sliced bread, catch cans cure cancer,...

Better than that, I'd have thought.

I have no horse in this race, but it seems reasonable that if a catch can prevents some discharge to atmosphere, it could prevent some cancer.

And prevention is better than cure.

Originally Posted By: LubeLuke

Funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back