Havoline Conventional

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the deal with Havoline conventional oil these days? I see a lot of conflicting information when doing a search... Is it still a decent oil? Better than Super tech?

Last edited:
The "deal" is it is on sale at Wally World for $11 bucks and change for the 5 quart bottle. I can't answer your question for sure, but i am going to use my current purchase of 10w-30 Havoline for a couple months and prolly about 4k miles or so before i change over to a Mobil 1 5w-30 for my long winter run. I hate to change oil in the winter!

Any way, i was hoping to find some Chevron Supreme conventional for this next run, but no dice at Wally World and i see that Chevron makes the Havoline so I went with it.

Hope others can shed some light on the subject.... I have seen some good info on the Chevron Supreme conventional.

Last edited:
I bought some last night for $11 and was just wondering. Hopefully we can get someone to chime in on this!

I use it and it's highly ranked conventional oil. As cheap on Amazon.
I won't use ST oil in anything. I did before with subpar results.
The Havoline is just a loss leader- I'm sure you can find it at much higher pricing then its not
worth it. Often the FS version is $19 a six pack on Amazon shipped for Prime members.

I've used it in 5W30 in a beater Aerostar on and off for a few years. It's a good oil. My mower and power washer are currently running with it in the sump.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
The Havoline is just a loss leader- I'm sure you can find it at much higher pricing then its not
worth it. Often the FS version is $19 a six pack on Amazon shipped for Prime members.

Could you clarify subpar results? ST is a pretty decent oil

Originally Posted By: beadvised
What's the deal with Havoline conventional oil these days? I see a lot of conflicting information when doing a search... Is it still a decent oil? Better than Super tech?

Havoline Conventional is a great oil.
Along with Chevron Supreme Conventional.
I put them in the same ballpark as QSAD , Formual Shell , VWB and Castrol GTX.

Per their data sheet (link below) - Havoline 5w30/5w20 is a syn blend in a conventional bottle.

https://cglapps.chevron.com/msdspds/PDSDetailPage.aspx?docDataId=310594&docFormat=PDF

I bought a case (15 quarts in 3, 5-qt jugs) recently to get the $15 maximum rebate. Havoline 5W-30 is exactly what I was using in my Frontier when the SOPUS promotion paid for a UOA and the results were just dandy.

36.gif

Last edited:
I sent you a pm.

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher

Could you clarify subpar results? ST is a pretty decent oil

well i have changed the oil and engine ran smooth as I always notice when i change to new oil.

submitted for the rebate on line, will have to wait and see if I get the 5 bucks back, making this a great buy...

Just curious, what kind of subpar results with ST?

Originally Posted By: John_Conrad
well i have changed the oil and engine ran smooth as I always notice when i change to new oil.

submitted for the rebate on line, will have to wait and see if I get the 5 bucks back, making this a great buy...

received the chevron/havoline rebate, how easy was that? and fast. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back