Door Lock Protection Plates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gents,

What is the consensus on lock protection plates (JimmiJammers and the like)? I had my F250 broken into recently and while they are inside the door making the repairs, I am considering installing some of these on all four doors. Obviously, the next step the thief would take would be to break the window, but the cost for these plates is fairly cheap and every little bit helps.

Any preferred brands and experiences to share?

TIA!

I have heard very good things about them. Not so much of a problem here, but I hear it is an issue in Texas. Two of my friends went to the School of Automotive Machining in Houston, both had 05-06 Super Dutys and both had their trucks stolen and used for over the border expeditions. Their trucks would reappear the following day in their complex parking lot.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I have heard very good things about them. Not so much of a problem here, but I hear it is an issue in Texas. Two of my friends went to the School of Automotive Machining in Houston, both had 05-06 Super Dutys and both had their trucks stolen and used for over the border expeditions. Their trucks would reappear the following day in their complex parking lot.

Put a few pounds of explosive under the driver seat and set it up with a GPS to set it off a few minutes after going across the border.

Originally Posted By: horse123
Put a few pounds of explosive under the driver seat and set it up with a GPS to set it off a few minutes after going across the border.

Awesome idea. However both of them had spent a good amount of money bulletproofing their 6.0L diesels before leaving for a Free State.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Originally Posted By: horse123

Awesome idea. However both of them had spent a good amount of money bulletproofing their 6.0L diesels before leaving for a Free State.

Am I not the only one that winces when he hears "6.0L diesel"?
sick.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back