What Is The TV Schedule For Olympic Shooting ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the NBC Olympic website, (which locks up and takes forever to respond), there are shooting events scheduled every day starting this Saturday, until the following Sunday. Yet I can't find when, (Mountain Time), or on what channel. A few of the events, (men's and women's Trap), allowed me to set E-Mail reminders. But again, no clue as to what time or channel. Or even when I'll get the E-Mail. (5 minutes before air time?) NBC is rabidly anti gun, so they'll probably run it at 2:00 AM on the NBCSN network, if they do at all.

I just found this on Google. It's better than nothing. It just shows when the live event takes place. Not the broadcast time or channel.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=times+for+shooting+events+at+Rio+olympics&mie=oly%2C%5B%22%2Fm%2F071t0%22%2C5%2C%22r%22%2C1%2Cnull%2Cnull%2Cnull%2Cnull%2Cnull%2Cnull%2Cnull%2Cnull%2Cnull%2Cnull%2Cnull%2Cnull%2Cnull%2C%222016-08-06%22%5D

Good question, and thanks for posting (I don't know the answer, either). I have found that the shooting sports are...how shall I say it..."less popular" than others, and don't tend to get the prime air time. I don't really care if they air it at 2am...just put it on the website that we can watch later, like any other TV episode.

I'm abstaining from the Olympics this year, and most likely forever. Its becoming absurd. Each year all I hear leading up to it is what a shat show its going to be, security, terror, nothing is ready. Then two years later I read stories about the empty soccer stadiums and other facilities not being used and wasting away. The IOC gets a free pass for being one of the most corrupt cartels on the planet... because its all about the Olympics.

Originally Posted By: George Bynum
it says EDT when view it. My local time is EDT.

Mine now say's MST, which is my local time. Yesterday it didn't say. The website is also running much faster.

As I type this, Men's Trap Qualifying is supposed to be taking place. (5:30 AM Mountain Time). Yet none of the NBC stations are carrying it. (NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, NBCSN). Most are running Infomercials. In this regard the entire guide they've provided is all but useless. I'm willing to bet most of the other shooting events won't be covered live either. What we'll most likely get, if we're lucky, is a rebroadcast in the middle of the night, with 5 minutes of coverage. And only if we medal in that particular shooting event. NBC isn't going to cover shooting any more than they absolutely have to. It's sad politics has invaded our sport to the degree it has. If Fox had the Olympics this kind of nonsense wouldn't be happening. You would see it all.

Our 2016 U.S.A. shooting team:

http://www.usashooting.org/12-the-team/rioinsight]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back