Call Blocker For Landline

Status
Not open for further replies.
***Please limit answers to the actual question - and before anyone says it I am not giving up my landline nor am I changing the # as I have had it since 1970***

Looking for recommendations on a quality but affordable call blocker for my landline. I had my number unlisted for a lot of years but got sick of being hit with a $5 a month fee to keep it that way. Now that it is listed again I am swamped with calls from scammers, telemarketers, pollsters, etc... despite being on the DNCR since it's inception( yes I occasionally review it's status there ). I know pollsters and charities are exempt from the DNCR but I want to be able to block them too.

My landline provider only allows for 25 numbers to be blocked and my phone covers an additional 50. I want a stand alone unit that can pick up the slack AND that is easy to add the number( PITA on my provider's site and using my phone ). I want a unit I can see the number that is calling and just tap BLOCK and be done with it.

Other features that are good would be no one ring through( i.e. blocked calls actually ring once ), a high number capacity, entire area/calling code blocking, and good service life.

I have looked around and surprisingly there really isn't a lot of reviews for these units like you generally find for electronics? Not on comparison sites and not a lot of customer reviews. Prices seem to run anywhere from $40-$100+. That is a lot of money if the item doesn't work well and doesn't last.

So have any of you bought and used one of these you would recommend? Thanks for your time.

Port the number over to a VOIP service like Ooma. You only pay the monthly taxes and if you sign up for Premier, you get call blocking and you can add calls to your block list. Their black list isn't that good, but telemarketers tend to call several times so after the first time, once you put it on your block list, they disappear.

Is your phone number 867-5309?
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
Is your phone number 867-5309?
grin.gif

For a good time call Jenny.
25.gif

Originally Posted By: ramammoth
https://www.nomorobo.com/

This helped me and it's free.

"Unfortunately, Nomorobo is not available on traditional analog landlines or wireless phones at this time."

When that song came out I actually knew someone with that 867-5309, they had to change their number, too many drunks asking for Jenny at 2 am.

I just started using this TeleZapper Seems to be working so far. It has 2 different settings. I just stepped it up to the more aggressive setting. Oh, it came with a dead battery so I had to get a new one of those.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
I have looked around and surprisingly there really isn't a lot of reviews for these units like you generally find for electronics? Not on comparison sites and not a lot of customer reviews. Prices seem to run anywhere from $40-$100+. That is a lot of money if the item doesn't work well and doesn't last.

You're insisting on living with a technology that is antiquated-your choices and support are limited. You're also limiting yourself to a carrier that doesn't have much in the way of tools that help. You can't expect companies to build accessories for a limited, shrinking market-the focus is on cellular and VoIP technology.

No one will require you to move into the modern world, but if you insist on staying with a carrier that doesn't have the features you want and landline technology that can't support further innovation and development, then you'll have to live with the ramifications of your choices.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
You started an identical thread back in February on here.

Stop Calling ME!

UM! NO!

Same problem different reason for thread.

Originally Posted By: ramammoth
https://www.nomorobo.com/

This helped me and it's free.

I saw that( after I originally posted )and it is in consideration as my carrier is supported.

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Port the number over to a VOIP service like Ooma. You only pay the monthly taxes and if you sign up for Premier, you get call blocking and you can add calls to your block list. Their black list isn't that good, but telemarketers tend to call several times so after the first time, once you put it on your block list, they disappear.

Thanks but I have had a lot of negative feedback on services like MagicJack, Ooma, Vonage, etc... from friends who have tried them and had problems. I absolutely have to have a reliable landline here at my house due to medical reasons. Cell reception at my house is awful( non existent inside )even though 100 yds away it is full strength.

To those who provided links to various units my thanks.

I actually did more research after posting and have it narrowed down to the Call Blocker V5000 and the Tel-Sentry V2. I like the CB 5000 better but it is $100 vs about $50 for the other.

Thanks for the assist.

I actually did more research after posting and have it narrowed down to the Call Blocker V5000 and the Tel-Sentry V2. I like the CB 5000 better but it is $100 vs about $50 for the other.

Why not try the www.nomorobo.com service for free???

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

Why not try the www.nomorobo.com service for free???

Because I don't really want to have to logon to a website to set it all up and use it vs. just hitting a button to block a number and also because it allows all calls to ring through at least once. Ideally I don't want the phone to ring at all.

Free is nice but it isn't always the best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back