Rotella T5 15w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw Rotella T5 has a 15w40. I know Rotella T 15w40 is fine but I was wondering if T5 is also ok for wet clutch applications?

I've never really heard of anybody using it. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: SlipperyPete
I just happened to see that at Walmart this morning. It isn't listed as JASO MA like T3 and T6, but I suspect it would be OK for wet clutches.

I was kind of assuming the same thing.

Looking at old data sheet of it rotella t5 it seems like T5 lineup also doesn't have moly in it so I don't see why it would hurt anything.

Although I don't know what to think about their new formulation that is coming out

Last edited:
A number of us have, or are using T5 15W-40 in wet clutch applications with no clutch issues. I have about 2500 miles on my run in a Yamaha FZ1, hope to post a UOA this fall.

Contacted Shell customer support about this a while back. Paraphrasing their response, it should be fine, the guy would do it on his own machine, but they can't be sure as no tests have been done on T5 specifically. They also implied it was very similar to a blend between "T" and "T6" but not quite exactly such.

Originally Posted By: buck91
Contacted Shell customer support about this a while back. Paraphrasing their response, it should be fine, the guy would do it on his own machine, but they can't be sure as no tests have been done on T5 specifically. They also implied it was very similar to a blend between "T" and "T6" but not quite exactly such.

Yeah I basically got a similar response from them. I took the safe route and went with the T 15w40 but I might give the T5 a shot next oil change.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back