Motorkote ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you had experience with Motorkote Hyperlubricant? Does it work as advertised. Should I be using in the family vehicles?

Motorkote is good for door hinges, don't put it in your engine, it's snake oil and will not do ANY good compared to a properly formulated motor oil.

Originally Posted By: Moondawg
Should I be using in the family vehicles?
Short answer: No.

Long answer: while it probably won't hurt anything, it definitely won't help anything, either, so it's your money.

Like Lucas Oil Snot, Motokote has really made some headway in the commercial trucking community. But those guys are always suckers for aftermarket oil additive stuff. I know, I am a commercial trucker and see it every day. Shelves at truck stops loaded with all kinds of additive stuff that makes bold claims. And LOS is the king, but MK is rapidly building shelf space.

I dearly love when some additive tries to use the Timken bearing machine test to prove something. The good 'ol one armed bandit method. One can make head and shoulders shampoo outperform the best synthetic oil with one of those gadgets......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC_OKiI-600

Last edited:
Why would someone who does a ton of miles every week be easy prey for additive makers?
I would think that if I did a couple of K each week, I'd figure out pretty quickly that Motorkote does nothing for my fuel consumption at all.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
These are always fun, you decide.

http://motorkote.com/test_results/

It's hilarious when the STP and Motor Honey turn into blobs of snot
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Why would someone who does a ton of miles every week be easy prey for additive makers?
I would think that if I did a couple of K each week, I'd figure out pretty quickly that Motorkote does nothing for my fuel consumption at all.

It is what it is. Trucking community is a pretty gullible bunch. You get extremes all over the map. Just walk into a T/A truck stop or any other major chain, and take a look at the oil section. All kinds of glop on those shelves to entice the money to separate from a person's wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back