New Dillon CV-2001 Tumbler

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 24 years my old Midway 1292 tumbler finally went out. I had two of them and together they have cleaned and polished more than 250K pieces of pistol and rifle brass--so no complaints there other than the capacity and the run time required. The first one that I bought is still running, but it also shows signs of failing. They both have a lifetime guarantee from Midway but it took some serious convincing (since I no longer had my original receipt) that they should honor the warranty--which is unlike the interactions I have had with Midway in the past.

The Midway brand is no longer sold and it seems like the replacement Frankfort Arsenal tumblers may be in the process of being discontinued as well. They gave me a $67 credit which I thought was pretty good and that went for the purchase of some case prep tools and Redding small base dies. I researched tumblers and selected the Dillon CV-2001. I am totally satisfied with the choice albeit on the pricey side. It can hold 1200 .223 cases versus 360 for the Midway or 2000 9mm cases versus 600 for the Midway. The motor is huge as compared to the Midway (even to the Midway 2094 I had years ago and sold because it was a POS)--Dillon is not kidding when they say this is no hobby machine. I have 1000 .223 in it now and it runs quieter than the old Midway. I will probably grab another when the other Midway gives it up.

A few comparison photos; enjoy:

Sgo8xy.jpg

13t9AA.jpg

4bhobN.jpg

I'm still running my original Dillon FL-2000 Tumbler I bought back in the 80's when they first came out. I couldn't even begin to guess at how many hours is on that thing. It still polishes my brass like the day I bought it. When it finally takes a dump, I'll for sure replace it with a CV-2001. It's the newer version of the same machine.

Originally Posted By: Mitch
Same here. Dillon for the win. I only have 30 years on mine
Good to know they last that long, I can see how though with the size of the motor and the efficiency. It polished my brass in half the time of the Midway and the increased capacity is a great upgrade.

Originally Posted By: Mitch
Same here. Dillon for the win. I only have 30 years on mine

That's about the time I have on mine as well. What I find so amazing, is how those bearings in the motor can stand up to all of those operating hours, with that large counterweight attached to the main shaft to throw it out of balance. I would think by now the bearing hole for the shaft would be twice as large, and the thing would be walking across the room on it's own!

eek.gif
that is one big tumbler. Takes a serious load - nice.

I have a Tumbler's UV-18 Tumbler that has served me well for years - countless hours of use in the garage where it gets hot in the summer triple digit temps.
I have to separate the brass (9mm cases get in the .44 Mag cases)so I ended up getting the cheap Frankfort Arsenal (something like $32 - Amazon) just to run a small load of 9mm from the 44 cases. I also keep the rifle cases separate from the pistol cases.
But if I had the need to do large quantity of brass, that Dillon looks/sounds up to the task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back