Best long lasting door hinges lurbicate ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best long lasting smooth lubricate , for inside door hinges, lock......

I am currently use CRV heavy duty white lithium....

There are some products, wurth makes them IIRC, which spray as a liquid and "set up" as a grease.

I've never been a fan of white lithium personally... Messy, gets and looks dirty (maybe that's the point?) and doesn't last well in some situations.

Synthetic disc brake grease...going on 3 years now on the jeep.

Silicone grease would probably be best if you have it.

Silicon was recommended by my dealer...works well from my experience.

Our 50 year old Sunbeam had an incredible passenger door hinge squeak. Used the full gamut of penetrating oils and grease. Finally decided to try Liquid Wrench, a product that, years ago, I'd given up on as a penetrating oil. It stopped the squeak immediately and it has stayed stopped for over a year. Wife now complains the door will not stay open.

To be honest, this is the best performance I've experienced from any kind of "magic in a can" lubricant.

Bill

Silicone is a sub par lubricant . I think the chain lube would be the best option . It soaks in then sets up thick.

Originally Posted By: eddy21
Silicone is a sub par lubricant . I think the chain lube would be the best option . It soaks in then sets up thick.

I went with the flow of others and just found the can I used. It's LITHIUM grease in an aerosol can. Not silicon. When someone said silicon my brain got stuck there.

I change my answer to LITHIUM grease.

I like Fluid Film. Creeps into the joint (takes a few days) and seems to last a long time.

I had one door a few years ago that I tried several things and it kept popping when opening and closing. Fluid Film seemed at first to be no better but after a few days the popping quit and the door smoothed out.

Amsoil ISO100 compressor oil works for me. Does a great job on household hinges too. I use a syringe with a tiny needle to get it where I need it and it doesn't swell the rubber plunger like mineral oil.

I use the lithium grease spray, but like someone above said it is kind of messy. If you have something other than a white car you will see all the overspray until the cows come home. It's like getting beach sand in your car, once its there it is never going to go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back