Coffee - Your Current Brew

Originally Posted By: GenSan
Almost finished with my current stock. Brew methods: Technovrom Moccamaster (mostly)/ Hario V60 (occasionally, time permitting)

spwtjn.jpg

What is the one on the right?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Picked this up from Eataly in Chicago. Looking forward to trying it soon.

DSC_4808.jpg

Thought I'd give an update, now that I actually tried it. I'm not impressed with this coffee. The flavor/aroma is just not there. On top of it, my espresso maker seems to be struggling pushing water through it as it appears to be a really fine grind. It might just be the issue with my machine and possibly why I'm not getting the proper flavor out of it.

I picked up some fresh espresso roast whole bean at my local grocery store recently and put it through their grinder using the finest grind setting their grinder offers. It's nowhere near as fine grind as that Lavazza Oro though. It is actually very good. Great flavor, with some very slight hints of chocolate. Will have to go back to the store to look up the actual name of these beans.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I picked up some fresh espresso roast whole bean at my local grocery store recently and put it through their grinder using the finest grind setting their grinder offers. It's nowhere near as fine grind as that Lavazza Oro though. It is actually very good. Great flavor, with some very slight hints of chocolate. Will have to go back to the store to look up the actual name of these beans.

Apparently it's from some local roaster. They claim to roast their coffee daily to help improve freshness, but I have no idea how long it's been sitting in the store hopper. I guess I could go get it from them directly. I also don't think the grocery store grinder does this coffee justice. It could use a bit of a finer grind, IMO.

IMG_20160806_084515.jpg

I went from Illy to Aldi's brand instant coffee. Much quicker to make, very different taste.

But not bad.

Anybody ever tried that coffee made out of weasel poop? A friend of mine said he tried it and it was remarkably smooth.

But it's amazingly expensive, and even though I could probably afford the indulgence for a one-time thing, I'd probably be too scared to try it.

Yes - but I really don't like to talk about it
wink.gif

Kopi Luwak in Indonesia - that was the starting point for one of the best lines in the movie "Bucket List" ...
It was really good - but the next morning my mouth tasted like (just kidding) ...

Been a while since I dropped in on my old thread. I've been buying the Eight 'O Clock Coffee 100% Colombian Peaks, in the Whole Bean variety.

Not bad at all, especially for around $7/lb. from Walmart.

I have to admit, a big part of why I buy it is the fact that it's one of the only (non-Starbucks) coffees my local Walmart carries in whole bean form. May not be the best, but it is good quality coffee. I grind before each pot and still brew with my BUNN Velocity Brew.

Also been enjoying the Bialetti Moka Express stovetop espresso maker that my sister got me for Christmas last year. I buy the Eight 'O Clock Italian Roast or the Starbucks Espresso Roast and grind it fine, espresso style. I'm going to have a cup in the morning before my run.

Keep it coming guys!

Just sharing my coffee experience. I can say that I'm really a coffee lover and I love trying different brews of coffee. So far, the Starbucks French Roast is the best that I've tasted. These are the beans, which I prefer, and therefore it allows you to grind just the right amount when you need it. If you want it a little weaker, just grind fewer beans. The taste of Starbucks is not for everybody, but for me it is my favorite. This coffee is exactly the same as what is available in the stores. Since I'm a Starbucks Fanatic, it's practical to roast by myself.

As National Coffee Day comes to a close, here's my current stash, as I contemplate my next batch (leaning towards single origins form Blue Bottle Coffee) of beans.

339nibb.jpg

Freshly roasted beans brewed in your kitchen is akin to an oil and filter change you did yourself.

20kq5cg.jpg

Originally Posted By: barajasrichie
I like Cafe Bustelo

Cafe Bustelo is one of the better pre-ground, "canned" coffees you can buy for 5 bucks or so off the shelf at Wal-Mart or the gro. store. I just finished up a can, myself!

Back