Carquest #R85372, 2013 E-250 van, 4,500k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again and this filter was off a E-250 15 passenger church van. Oil was MaxLife 5w20 and the filter. I put a FRAM ULTRA and some MaxLife 5w20. Doesn't look great to me with the pleat spacing near seam.

r9ibnr.jpg

169l0kg.jpg

2myw6xx.jpg

29adxd.jpg

ng3di8.jpg

15z1751.jpg

1z2h99w.jpg

20ito52.jpg

xcivtl.jpg

Must be Fram made based on the date code format. 264th day of 2015.

Quote:
The Fram CQ's are awesome! Too bad they switched suppliers again...

Some of the Fram CQ's may be awesome (the blue perhaps), but based on 'appearance alone', this ain't one them. This has some of the worst pleat spacing and uniformity I've seen. In fact, pretty sure if this was an M&H Puro, or even a Wix made product it likely would been dutifully flogged for it's appearance by now. All one has to do is reference the recent solid results of a 7500+ mile oci FL820S post HERE and read some comments to know that's true.

But it does have those pretty round center tube holes, which would make it entirely legit to some. Also think though if a Puro made product, I could see the comment being that the number of them looks rather sparse.

All that said, and bottom line that I always try to get to, looks like it got the job done at 4500 miles. Not impressively though 'imo'.

As usual, thanks for pics.

Originally Posted By: car51
4,500 miles on filter as stated in title. Lot of short trips and. It many highway miles.

33.gif
Saw the filter type in the title and did not read the rest of the title, then read the post and did not see the mileage in the post itself. Oops.

4500-5000 miles is what I plan on running mine too (was going to 3000, but decided to go a little more).

Blupher: it's all fine. My bad as long week. Yeah, why I like FRAM tough guard and FRAM ULTRA. Wix or Napa holds are gold also

Yeah, I got mine from a Rock Auto sale (like $2.50/filter shipped). I got 3 CQ Red for the truck (2 were Champ/Fram made, 1 was Wix made) and 5 CQ Blue (Wix made) for the Scion.
I planned on using Motorcraft filters (have 2 of those still, I think they are the older "good" ones) till I started seeing all the issues some have had with them.
Once I finish the filters I have (about 2 years from now), not sure what I am going to put on the truck. Probably whatever I find on sale at that time knowing me.

Definitely a Fram made jobber filter and just plain ugly. Blech!

Fram does seem to use very strong media which they need to with ugly pleat spacing like that.

Such ugly spacing is certainly not typical of their filters but I'd not be inclined to buy another one of that line for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back