Royal Purple VS Mobil 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st off I am not going to use this for a car/truck was going to mix it 3/4 oil and 1/4 Dextron 3 or 4 as a lube. As guys use it as Machine or gun oil and things like them.
Most use Mobil 1 or Mobil 1 V-Twin in 20w50 as some say it is better suited for this application
I have some {tons} Royal Purple 10w-40 on the shelf and no one local has 25w50 in Mobil 1
So things I am debating are less viscosity 10w40 but may get into places that 20-50 may not
As well as Royalpurple vs Mobil 1 or V-Twin brand as do not see after 25% Dextron is added much difference other than the Modifiers in the V-Twin
Anyone here ever do this?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: walterjay
I'm not clear. What will you be using this mix for?

Originally Posted By: 340six
1st off I am not going to use this for a car/truck was going to mix it 3/4 oil and 1/4 Dextron 3 or 4 as a lube. As guys use it as Machine or gun oil and things like them.

So I'm going to guess that the confusing question is in the wrong category.

Better grammar, spelling and punctuation would be a big help too, just saying. It helps to prevent guessing.

I heard both Moblieone and Mobileone are not any good any more. Although Mobil 1 is supposed to be very good stuff. If you have lots of Royal Purple I'd just use that.
50.gif

Last edited:
Using ATF to clean weapons and motor oil to lubricate them is swell - as a field-expedient measure, when you don't have the correct products but you do have drums of that stuff everywhere. Once you are faking it like this, the finer points of viscosity, etc. are meaningless ; use whatever you have at hand.
While you're at it, Google "Ed's Red."

Otherwise, use weapons lube for weapons and motor oil for motors IMO. Their formulations are optimized for their specific uses.
You could use butter on a pistol slide in a pinch, but it's better on your toast.

Originally Posted By: milkboy
Using ATF to clean weapons and motor oil to lubricate them is swell - as a field-expedient measure, when you don't have the correct products but you do have drums of that stuff everywhere. Once you are faking it like this, the finer points of viscosity, etc. are meaningless ; use whatever you have at hand.
While you're at it, Google "Ed's Red."

Otherwise, use weapons lube for weapons and motor oil for motors IMO. Their formulations are optimized for their specific uses.
You could use butter on a pistol slide in a pinch, but it's better on your toast.

Love my Ed's Red in a WD-40 spray bottle.
smile.gif

Using ATF to clean weapons and motor oil to lubricate them is swell -

ATF is a terrible cleaner. It has no detergents or things that dissolve deposits. Moptor oil would be a better cleaner and ATF a better lubricant bc it sheds water.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
Using ATF to clean weapons and motor oil to lubricate them is swell -

ATF is a terrible cleaner. It has no detergents or things that dissolve deposits. Moptor oil would be a better cleaner and ATF a better lubricant bc it sheds water.

When I'm faking it, I like to use diesel fuel as a gun cleaner, but thank you for pointing that out.

Maybe next time you're in town, you can explain to my wife exactly which high-heeled shoe she should be using as a hammer
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back