MicroGard (Wix) 57047 ~7k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrQuackers

Site Donor 2024
Pulled from 2011 Camry LE 2.5 liter. These filters sure look a lot better than the P1 model. Perhaps the Classic model would look similar after service.

I have the same car here, but I would go with a Fram Ultra filter or M1EP oil filter for Camry's factory recommended 10K oil change. I would not even trust the Toyota oil filter in that car for that extended OCI.

Looks like they copied the Toyota filter exactly, but some of the pleat ends look glued wider than usually seen on the Toyotas. The real Toyotas are the safe bet on these cars IMO.

Wow that looks really good! And that's the Microgard, the cheap filter! Wix makes great quality
smile.gif

What oil did you use? And what did you replace it with?

^whoops, Mobil 1 0w-20 AFE & MGL57047 out 'n' in. Next time I'll use a Classic just out of curiosity.

The PureOne filters look like [censored] after use.

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
Mobil 1 0w-20 AFE & MGL57047 out 'n' in. Next time I'll use a Classic just out of curiosity.

You should use Mahle. They are great filters. Part number OX414D. Made in Austria
smile.gif

I believe this model was $6.29 at O'Reilly, or peanuts with an O'Reilly coupon, which I used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back