AC Shrader valve removal tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too have a Sable. I made the tool to remove the a/c schraeder valve out of scrap 1/4" brake tube and notched it with a saw.

Originally Posted By: meadows
I paid lesss than that at a local air conditioning parts shop

Yeah, not called around yet. Ill check it out.

They are clever tools, worth understanding even if you don't do A/C work. They let you change the valve core of a system under pressure, losing only a trivial amount of gas.

They are *not* the same as a simple valve core wrench, which can cost under $1.

Yep, I just watched our AC guy at work use one. He changed out the valve in no time.
Slick tool for sure.

Wow those are cool, I didn't know such a tool existed. I've never actually had to change a valve out but if I do I'll have to remember that.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
I too have a Sable. I made the tool to remove the a/c schraeder valve out of scrap 1/4" brake tube and notched it with a saw.

that's awesome!

Isn't the Schrader valve just the secondary seal, the primary one being the screw on cap? As long as you have a good cap that does not leak, you do not even have to change out the valve core.

Originally Posted By: George7941
Isn't the Schrader valve just the secondary seal, the primary one being the screw on cap? As long as you have a good cap that does not leak, you do not even have to change out the valve core.

The Schrader valve is the primary seal. The cap might be a secondary seal --- some are just dust caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back