2. Nico Rosberg, 186
3. Daniel Ricciardo, 115
Constructors
1. Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team, 378
2. Scuderia Ferrari, 224
3. Red Bull Racing, 223

For more including track data check out my full post on TOV Motorsports

hockenheimring_2012-606x341.jpg

I suppose the radio communication rules went too far, but they still need to be vigilant; I'm not convinced we're done with this matter. If the wheels have too many complex modes to go through, part of that is a software engineering and user friendliness thing. We don't need them coaching people each lap on which mode to drive. But, when someone is having an actual failure, be it catastrophic or not, safety related or not, the engineer should be able to assist them. Jenson Button being penalised over discussing a hydraulic issue is kind of silly; he's not trying to gain an advantage or needing help to drive the car. But, drivers don't need live tech support to change engine modes, and if they do, there's an interface that needs to be rewritten.

Originally Posted By: Reggaemon
F1 Finally Gets Rid of its Insane Radio Communications Rules.

No coaching for the start but after that anything goes.

Yep - the extra dimension being that all radio traffic must now be available for broadcast; no encrypted traffic.
There's also chatter about dialling down track limit excursion penalties, and the halo is dead (for now).

Someone mentioned Rosberg should receive a 5 grid penalty, because the fake watch on his driving gloves was set to the incorrect time. That sounds fair seeing as how the FIA is conducting their never ending, "stupid rules contest".

Well, they will be enforcing the track limits this weekend. They were warning people during practice about Turn 1 already. I look forward to seeing a few deleted times in qualification.

A year or so ago, the FIA did a fan survey. One of the top things fans were upset with was all the radio coaching. The FIA decides to ban such chatter, and the fans still weren't happy. While coaching isn't a problem for me, I understand why some didn't like it. I have no idea why the FIA thought it was a good idea to prohibit teams from discussing safety and equipment failure with the drivers.

My biggest gripe with F1 rules has been the inconsistency in enforcing them. If track limits is a rule, enforce it on every corner on every track. An unsafe release from the pit gets one team a grid penalty, while getting another a fine. IMO, Todt isn't doing his job as the FIA president. I doubt this would have happened under Mosely.

Originally Posted By: whip
My biggest gripe with F1 rules has been the inconsistency in enforcing them.

Bingo. At P2, they said they'd enforce track limits. Now, before qualification, they said they wouldn't. They should just save paint and not bother with white lines if they have no meaning. Maybe teams should start building to be able to vault chicanes, since they're obviously an unnecessary obstruction.

I would like to see the radio coaching dialed back. But, I certainly agree that if a car is in trouble, let them talk. A guy who's stuck doing 80 km/h on the track isn't gaining some unfair advantage by talking to his engineers, nor is a penalty going to really accomplish much of anything.

I think the fine for the pit business was because of when it happened, as in not part of a race, and them wanting to punish the team exclusively. If it were in a race, we might have seen a different approach.

There is an easy way to enforce the track limits, move the crash barriers to the exact spot they want the limits enforced. You will have something like the Wall of Champions at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.

Rosberg is acting like an idiot. Who ever gave him the stupid pills, needs to cut down on the dosage. "A lot of wheel spin, and I don't know why?" Try not pressing down on the gas pedal so hard for starters. It's called finesse. Hamilton didn't win that race. Rosberg lost it.

Originally Posted By: billt460
"A lot of wheel spin, and I don't know why?" Try not pressing down on the gas pedal so hard for starters. It's called finesse.

I'm no fan of Nico's, but it isn't that simple. The cars are set up to behave in certain ways at certain times. They are set up to give predictable outputs to controlled inputs at the start - if something went wrong (either with a setting, or a malfunction) and the car reacts unexpectedly to your correct input, then things quickly get away from you and you might not know why - you do everything right but get the wrong answer. Maybe he choked (again) or maybe the car decided to do a Vettel and ignore the orders and make its own mind up.

That said, even after the bad start it never got better - he never really challenged Ricciardo and had a stupid penalty for more impetuous driving - the pit crew then made the penalty worse by using a stopwatch calibrated in metric time (or some-such other excuse).

Meanwhile, Lewis drove a faultless race and led from the front.

From when the car stopped I counted, "1,000, 2,000, 3,000"...... All the way up to 8,000 before anyone put a hand on the car. They didn't need a stopwatch. Anyone can count off 5 seconds without it taking 8 seconds.... Except of course Mercedes. They win in spite of themselves. Anyway, it looks like Nico is going to be another brides mate this year... Again. The kid's his own worst enemy.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Rosberg is acting like an idiot.

And Martin Brundle needs to get some glasses. He didn't think Rosberg did anything wrong, while watching the replay? The fool was slowed down more than sufficiently to start his turn. He didn't even begin to turn his wheel until he was sure he'd be running someone off the track. Had he waited any longer, both would have been off.

I've tried to be open minded with respect to Maurizio. I think he's going to be Maurizio Arrivederci before too long. He needs results, soon, and that's assuming he makes it through the summer break. As they say, there are often too many cooks in the kitchen in Ferrari, though.

Ferrari and Williams have to get with it, and quickly. Both have nosedived. Some have been saying that Ferrari is doing almost as bad as McLaren. No, they're not. McLaren is doing far better. McLaren is clearly improving over the year. They may have taken their sweet time, but they're not moving backwards.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I've tried to be open minded with respect to Maurizio. I think he's going to be Maurizio Arrivederci before too long. He needs results, soon, and that's assuming he makes it through the summer break.

For some reason the guy always looks confused and perplexed. Like he doesn't seem to know what he's doing, or trust his own decisions. He reminds me a bit of Flavio Briatore in that regard. A fantastic businessman, but didn't know his butt from a hole in the ground about F-1. I always liked to call him, "The biggest impostor in Formula 1". I agree. I think his days are numbered. I just don't understand how they, (Ferrari), can be so hot and cold all the time. Both Vettel and Raikkonen are as steady and talented of drivers as they come.

On a lighter note. The Sao Paulo Police rescued Ecclestone's mother in law. And she's safe and sound after a week of nail biting by Bernie. At least he didn't have to cough up the $37.5 Million they were asking. It kind of makes you wonder what other surprises are in store for us in the next 2 weeks? Down there in that crime ridden stink hole.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/kidnapp...azil-2016-07-31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back