Redo of oil selection at CT and new oils!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work at one of the largest CT's in Canada; and this past week a crew has been completely re-doing the oil wall at our store, and making room for a whole pile of exciting new products (for oil nerds!)

I won't remember them all but it looks like on its way is:

Castrol Edge 'C3' 5W-30 1L bottles;
Royal Purple HMX 5W-30 4.73L jugs;
Pennzoil Euro 0W-30, 5W-30 and 5W-40 1L bottles;
Pennzoil Ultra 5W-20, 5W-30, and 0W-20 5L jugs;
MM Formula 1 synthetic Euro 5W-30, 5W-40, 0W-40 and 0W-30 5L jugs;
Mobil 1 EP 0W-20 4.4L jugs;
Mobil 1 HM 5W-20 and 5W-30 HM 4.4L jugs

...and thats just the gas oils. Still haven't done the diesel section.

Of course, lots of stuff disappeared to make room, mostly 1L bottles of conventional oil that just don't sell, they will be discontinued at our store at least.

So Canadians, keep an eye out at your CT if you've been looking for this stuff! I'm LOL'ing at this too, because so many good oils, what do I run?

laugh.gif

Would be nice to see Pennz Ultra, its about time. Hopefully Pennz is now realizing what a bad job they have done getting it sold. Especially in Canada. Hoping the sale price point is under 40$ per 5qts. Thanks for letting us know!

Would love to see Pennzoil Ultra 0W20 at a local Canadian Tire, would be nice if the sale price would be under $35 per 5L Jug.

Would be great if they got Amsoil back instead of Royal Purple.

Castrol I wouldn't purchase at all.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Run
Does this mean 1 quart bottles will be priced to clear?

Maybe the old CT Certified brand of stuff and some Motomaster stuff that just sits and sits.

No more oil for me until those goodies come out.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: richport29
Where are you located?

I'm at store 457 in the Kanata area of Ottawa - Terry Fox and Campeau Drive.

laugh.gif

Yup, a bunch of 1-quart bottles will be on clearance soon, but clearance prices are never as good as sales...unless they REALLY want something gone.

Originally Posted By: richport29
Any idea when the new oils will be on the shelves?

About August 8th, give or take a few days.

Originally Posted By: addyguy

Yup, a bunch of 1-quart bottles will be on clearance soon, but clearance prices are never as good as sales...unless they REALLY want something gone.

Could you let us know when your store puts them on clearance?

Dropped by during lunch. @ 57.99 per 5L is painful. Hopefully the usual 40% off gets applied to Ultra in the future. I've been doing this for Platinum along with the 10$ rebate
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: hondb20
Dropped by during lunch. @ 57.99 per 5L is painful. Hopefully the usual 40% off gets applied to Ultra in the future. I've been doing this for Platinum along with the 10$ rebate
smirk.gif

Nice to see it's finally available here. What store did you visit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back