Ford Focus Strut Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last year or so the Focus seems to have a choppier ride than years ago. Also the alignment needed to be done(appointment tomorrow morning) so yesterday I ordered a set of Monroe Quick Struts for the front. Yesterday afternoon I pulled both struts off. This morning I picked the struts up from O'Reilly's and installed them. Fairly easy, especially with air tools. Ride improved and money well spent.

Quick struts are awesome! Did you get the rear shocks too?

The rebate is nice too
smile.gif

I just put new strut bearings in mine chasing down a noise. Now that I dropped $80 on those I don't want to put in new quick struts - but I'm surprised at how easy the struts come out of these cars.

I take it the car wasn't totaled in the wreck?

Originally Posted By: Miller88
I just put new strut bearings in mine chasing down a noise. Now that I dropped $80 on those I don't want to put in new quick struts - but I'm surprised at how easy the struts come out of these cars.

I take it the car wasn't totaled in the wreck?

No, it wasn't totaled. My insurance co decided to have it fixed at the last minute. That was my desire all along. Quote for the repair was $4009, and it looks great.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Quick struts are awesome! Did you get the rear shocks too?

The rebate is nice too
smile.gif

No. I did those about three years ago along with the front sway bar link ends. I may need to do the link ends again, as I only used the cheap ones before, not thinking I would keep the Focus this long.

Originally Posted By: Lubener
You got your money's worth from the originals.

Ten years and 156K. No complaints with that. Even though no oil was leaking from the struts, the ride from the new ones has improved.

Last edited:
Tig1: I love my 2011 Focus SE. Only things I have done are coolant flush and thermostat and engine mount as mine was seeping; glad I caught it early.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: tig1
not thinking I would keep the Focus this long.

You and me both brother. I thought I'd keep mine only as long as it took to pay off.
It's been paid off for about 2 years (of the three years I've owned it). Just can't seem to get rid of something that's doing it's job at low running costs to boot
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back