Good hour meter for small engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a briggs and Stratton hour meter from ebay, put it on today and then the battery died a few hours later. The screen went blank, so I guess they had this one sitting on the shelf for some time, because I've never had a battery die on these and I have like 4 of them. Not sure if i'll be able to get my money back now since I cut off the terminal connector that came with it and put on a different one that fits better. I'll see what they say tomorrow.

What's a good hour meter for small engines? I like these briggs ones other than you don't know how old they are.

yamaha sells one.

Its a watch battery operated deal with a wire to the plug .

UD

I think so....

I remember screws on th back but have never tried to open it.

might be a good yamaha forum question.

UD

I bought two hour meters on eBay for less than $20 each. Both were electromechanical, like a regular automotive gauge, not the digital battery powered kind. The Reddington brand meter I put on my Snapper tractor works great. I installed the other no name brand on my Generac whole house generator, and it does not count accurately for some reason. I followed the instructions but it seems to record only a fraction of the actual operating hours. It was likely a Chinese product.

I'd vouch for the Reddington brand.

SENDEC. All battery operated meters will die at some time. SENDEC has always replaced mine free of charge. I have more than 20 on various engines and record the hours 3 or 4 times a year so I know what the hours were close to if one dies. JMOH.

Should I still be able to return my hour meter that I bought just three days ago off ebay? I have the original packaging, but I did put a different connector on the ground wire, so it would fit better in the area where I grounded it out. Or am I sol since I modified it? I didn't expect the battery to [censored] out the first day using it.

I went ahead and emailed them telling them that I modified the connector on the ground wire, just so they know about it. Lets see what being honest gets me. I'm sure they will say, well since you modified it, unfortunately their isn't anything we can do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back